Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco? every little would help!

Options
  • 17-09-2002 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Tesco also said it had been aggressively promoting its Tesco.com on-line shopping offering, which is available in the UK, Ireland and South Korea. The company now claims that that its UK service covers 95 percent of the UK population and has 85,000 orders weekly. It also claims that its Irish Net shopping counterpart, Tesco.ie, is available to more than 75 percent of the Irish population. Tesco has 76 stores in Ireland and employs over 10,000 people.

____________________________________-

Friends in Tesco - I would love to see a comparison of take up between these Countries - Think what Broadband would do for your sales.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Nobody

Sorry, Crawler, I don't understand. What's your post got to do with Ireland Offline, broadband, free internet access, and the like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

use it once to order (esp if its gargle for a party which is very heavy and may as well be delivered) and stop using it.

wait till customer services in Tesco ring up to find out why you don't use it ...takes them a month max

tell them the line is crap, the website is dog slow, and can they ring eircom to complain about the lines in your area :)

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It also claims that its Irish Net shopping counterpart, Tesco.ie, is available to more than 75 percent of the Irish population.

Someone send the ODTR's Quarterly Review to them.

On second thoughts, don't, they prolly wouldn't be able to see through the tissue of lies.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

as strange as it sounds, "I agree with Nobody".

This has little or nothing to do really with IOFFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

This has everything to do with IOFFL Bard.

It [Tesco] says that it's online services are /available/ to 75% of Irish customers, but it says nothing about that 75% using those services. Therefore, it is entirely possible that nobody is using e-services by one of the largest retail organisations in this country.

Why??

High-cost of internet usage, coupled with blindingly LOW speeds.

Tesco are trying to encourage consumers to use a new service, but they're loosing money (and ultimately, so is the country), since nobody can use this new service (or is willing to).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hmm , I fail to see the relavance of this thread also.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Now now kiddies - just agree to disagree. It is relevant to some sections not to others - in an overall perspective it has a place on IOFFL , just might not make everybodies bells jingle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

It is relevant to the general cause. We have aims and goals, in order to achieve these we have to get people (industry & gov people) to listen to what we have to say. This is begining to happen. The more people speak up about these thing the better the people we need to listen listen. When big business says "this is rubbish" the government listen much quicker and much more intently. I think this is the point that crawler was trying to make, if business complains people will listen. Not just the industry and gov people, but the people who use these companies. It all adds to the voices calling for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Its relevant.

It would be great to get tesco/ryanair/ any company that uses its website to sell onboard this cause.

If Irelands internet penetration is as bad as is it, it directly affects these companies potential profit margins.

Hmm, now to find an email address on that site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

this is what I was saying in my xbox thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Actually , it's even more than that.

It affects their margins
    It affects their staff's ability to work from home
    It affects marketing
    It affects their investment in technology
    It affects PC sales
    It affects attracting foreign investment
    It affects Ireland competing in the United states of Europe ( or the world )
    It affects communications
    It affects product branding
    It affects employment
    It affects costs
    It affects distribution

Enough , I think you all get the picture......

While we can make noices Mr O'Leary & Co. can make much bigger noises than we can.......NOT to take away from the good work that has and is being done by IOFFL ( Dont want to upset Dustaz today...quick spelling check ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

We here in spin/boards buy all our shopping online from tesco, it rocks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Originally posted by MrPudding
    When big business says "this is rubbish" the government listen much quicker and much more intently. I think this is the point that crawler was trying to make, if business complains people will listen.

But why is this?
    Why is it that eircom, esat and so forth seem so much more willing to do the work on behalf of corporate creatures?

Do we, the lazy, class-skipping, net-junkie people of Ireland not have an equal right to have flat rate and ideally broadband always-on internet services?

I may be a selfish capitalist (even though I haven't had a job for a long time.. it's the thought that counts!), but I for one find it somewhat depressing that the real target market for REAL internet connectivity by eircom and most other broadband 'providers' is businesses...

Kick me in the face if I'm wrong (and unnecessarily longwinded, as people tend to be at 2:33 am), but has Ireland slowly transformed into a land of suits?

zynaps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'm not convinced of the relevance either but it has to be said I haven't gone supermarket shopping beyond my computer in some time.

Superquinn do it as well through www.buy4now.ie

Advertisement