Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion: Xbox Live / Tesco etc.

Options
  • 17-09-2002 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

I was just reading up on Xbox Live which allows Xbox owners to play online. Although there is no date as to when it will be available here it gave me an idea.

Perhaps Ireland Online should get comment from the likes of Microsoft or anyone else who has an irish online business (Tesco, Superquinn etc). and ask how *they* feel about the internet "situation" / usage statistics with regard to dial up and broadband (and how it affects people using their website / service)

A collection of their comments if combined into a Press Release would certainly get coverage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

good idea, if only for the publicity. people might be against it though (seeing as it doesnt solve anything directly).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

If it raises awareness how can it be anything other than good?

Perhaps people should suggest a hitlist of organisations which could be asked?

Buy4now.ie
    Blackstar
    Tesco etc. etc.

Surely these people have their business affected by the poor availability of decent / affordable internet etc etc.

Example: If I owned buy4now.ie I would be well pissed at the state of play in .ie at the mo!

Advertisement