Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVI -> DSUB adaptors... cheaper than komplett?

• 17-09-2002 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

Hi folks:

Hopefully someone will be able to save me a couple of squids here.

I'm looking at buying a mid-range 3D card to replace my (frankly crap) 3D Prophet 4000XT... well, two, actually, one for a mate - and one of the things we both want is multimonitor support; however, most (if not all) of the cards I'm looking at provide one analogue D-SUB socket and one digital DVI(-I) socket for their nView/Hydravision/Dualhead solution rather than two DVIs or two DSUBs.

My question is: where can I find a cheap adaptor cable for the DVI socket to give me another DSUB? I know they're available, as komplett (amongst others) stock them (for the mind-numbing price of almost E40 for an adaptor), but many cards I've seen don't come with one. I'm wondering if anyone's found them cheaper than that?

Cheers,
    Gadget

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Nobody

Peats are the only other place I've seen with DVI/VGA adaptors. Price 27 Euro x. VAT.

Note: Peats don't stock them... but they will take your deposit and order them. Usually takes a week, or so.

If you can... buy 'em in from the UK within 24/48 hours? (Cost less too)

Advertisement