Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

News for people wishing to get a bbc ftv card.

• 17-09-2002 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I saw this over on digitalspy, here is what is said,
    FTV card's ..... new process ?
    Has anybody else ordered a FTV card from the BBC (08702 438 000) lately ?

Rang up to request (another) one today ... instead of just sending them out, then asking for digibox serial number & revision number at time of activation, they are now asking for this in advance !

No major problems with that, guees they can change the process anytime they want - but for people that try and order in advance of purchasing/installing a box, then it's gonna mean a couple of days delay whilst card is sent out !

What's the betting they will still need a phone call to activate ?

Mark

is this bad or good news as i my self are thinking of getting one shortly, here is the webpage http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?threadid=37025

Regards netwhizkid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

There's nothing new here - it's always been like that - depending on the operator, sometimes they ask for all the info in advance, sometimes after you call to activate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Funny, I got my mate in Edinburgh to ring up today and order me one. I didn't have the serial no of the box for him so he just said he is going to buy a second hand box this weekend. They told him they couldnt do anything until he had the box installed etc....

Wonder if they have changed their processes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

nothing changed there. several people here on the forum have been asked for the digibox numbers in advance while others weren't. it's just the luck of the draw

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

In the last 2 days I have ordered 3 FTV Cards and I was not asked for any box details each time. I was only given a reference number.
    I have in the past been asked to provide details in advance so as Mossy Monk has said "it is the luck of the draw"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

You have posted that FTV cards will be useless in three months time. So why order 3 cards now?

• Advertisement

Carrolls,

When I ordered these three cards I was not aware that they were planning to change their cards over the next three months, but now that I know this I made a few enquiries and have found out that replacements for these cards will be made available to me so in effect nothing has changed.

Bye the way carrolls, I did not say that ftv cards would be useless in three months. What I said was that the cards were being replaced. Now if someone has a card and does not have an address for that card then maybe it will be useless to them, but as far as I am concered I have addresses for mine.

Just an update on our FTV Cards being replaced.

I rang the BBC free to view phone number twice this morning and I enquired if they were going to be changing there FTV cards. On both occasions I was told by the operator that they were aware of Sky’s plans to change their cards but that as far as they knew there were no plans in place to change FTV cards.

Now this is a contradiction as to what Sky told me yesterday. I was told that all Sky subscribers in the UK and Eire and also BBC FTV card holders would be having their cards replaced over the coming months.

So we are still unsure whether or not our FTV cards will be affected.

Advertisement