Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this sunday: reclaim the streets

• 17-09-2002 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

22nd september- street party in stephens green @ 2:30

everybody come(NOT like that ciaran, bob AND david)
    i don't care if you're from cork, galway, sligo or derry i want to see EVERYONE there!

should we meet up earlier or something cuz i know loads of people won't be able to stay that long.

spread the news so everyone knows.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Heya chickading, well... you know me so I'll be in whenever you want and I won't leave until you're safely on your bus... ;)

Wanna meet up at noon at the Green? Like we always do... except on a Sunday. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

How many Reclaim The Streets's parties are there going to be? It's getting scary. Ahh for the good old days when a reunion consisted of meeting at the green and subsequently going shopping in Stephens' Green Shopping centre. What the hell happened to all that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CTYI DJ

Originally posted by Laura
    22nd september- street party in stephens green @ 2:30

everybody come(NOT like that ciaran, bob AND david)
    i don't care if you're from cork, galway, sligo or derry i want to see EVERYONE there!

should we meet up earlier or something cuz i know loads of people won't be able to stay that long.

spread the news so everyone knows.

yea sounds good,I'll try to go (once Sven and Bob promise not to try to dump me in the pond again!)I'll also be in on Saturday...

We promise!

*looks innocently around, winking devilishly at Sven*

It Wasn't Me... wasn't this your first session ever at CTYI? Hence you not having much reunion experience.

Originally posted by OrangeRhino
    We promise!

*looks innocently around, winking devilishly at Sven*

It Wasn't Me... wasn't this your first session ever at CTYI? Hence you not having much reunion experience.

I've had plenty....like.....4

• Advertisement

My sig isn't goin' to piss off anyone at all.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

well, y'all know i'll be there.....:D happy shiney dancy things-who the f*ck wouldn't want to go?
    sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Laura

i probably should have made this more clear. and this is to the person who thinks reclaim the streets is what we call our reunions. well it isn't...
    this is the second reclaim the streets ever. i don't know who organises it really. i'm just trying to get ctyi people to go. the streets are going to be packed but i know it will be fun.

i don't know but this might be important to some people. at the last one the police rioted it. it was totally their fault so i don't think it will happen, otherwise they'd get in **** for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yes this was my first session. Anyway, I wasn't talking about reunions, I was talking about Reclaim The Streets. Wasn't there another thread about this. Some would classify this as spam(This is where I look for help from Sven or other such anti-spamming persons). I think I'd better go before I annoy someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

it isn't the second reclaim the streets ever actually, it might only be the second one in ireland but i'm not even sure of that.
    it's run by the reclaim the streets organisation based in london. their idea is to have these big parties and take back a bit of space from the big nasty evil multinational corporations, who have taken over our freedom to have gatherings and protests by buying everything.
    because everything is owned by someone else, we can't gather in large groups without getting the owner or owners' permission, which, i'm sure you will agree, sucks blue monkeys. so the point is that, just for one day, we reclaim part of what should have been ours in the first place and have one heck of a party while doing it. :D
    sHep :cool:

the police won't come after you if you stay out of their way and don't piss them off... and if they do, just make sure there's a person with a camera nearby. :D
    sorry, i've been reading up about it over the past while, tryin' to see if i agree with them and all that. i just thought you might want some background info. :)

• Advertisement

Okay... I wasn't at the last RTS but if a riot or other disturbance does start then either get out of there and stay out of trouble or have the time of your life and face the music afterwards. If you do decide to stay (and join in perhaps) then move fast, and think even faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I'll bring the explosiv.....I mean legally purchased fireworks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

I thought this one was organised by Globalise Resistance mainly. They're kind of the driving force behind it. Btw Barry,sarcasm doesn't work so well in writing ( i really *hope* thats sarcasm, or else i'll have to do my lecture)

Advertisement