Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did enckelmann touch the ball?

• 17-09-2002 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Im not being a sore looser of a villa fan. i admit we got beaten fair and square. but i believe enckelmann when he said he didnt touch the ball. What do you think?

Was it Encklemann`s O.G.? 4 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

should have been a corner IMO. and good news that Birmingham City are in trouble for the morons who invaded the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

I'd say fair play to Enckelmann for not clobbering that effin tosser in the face if you ask me.

I certainly would have been in no mood to keep a cool head for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sidney

I'm a Villa fan meself, and even though he may not have touched the ball, he incriminated himself with his own reaction. You can't really blame the ref for awarding the goal..... you'd expect a professional footballer to understand the rules though. Still, it wouldn't have mattered. We were well beaten.

Graham Taylor needs to be sacked, or moved back to his director of football role at least. His management style is too dated. It was ok back in the late 80's/early 90's, when you has your Howard Wilkinsons and your George Grahams, but the game has moved on since then.

David O'Leary will be in a job by Christmas, we've got to act now or risk losing our chance of getting him. It's a big enough job for him. I think he'd take it.

I actually hope we lose our next few games so Taylor goes. I know thats harsh, but sometimes you've gotta be cruel to be kind. Get him OUT!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Please add a third option to the poll.

It Doesn't Matter as the rock would say.

The refeeres decision is final.
    Villa's manager wasnt sure.
    Enkelman himself said he 'didnt think' he touched it!

FFS It Enkleman cant be certain, how can anyone else?

X

P.S. G'wan the Clinton Morisson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

If P.Durkin disallowed the goal could anybody prove that he did touch it?

I'm with mossy on this one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I am glad the goal stood because of the shear stupidity of Encklemanns actions. If a keeper makes a balls up like that and is not paying attention to what he is doing he deserves to have a goal against him. As regards the fans on the pitch, I am impressed with his concentration then, I do not think i would have been able to hold back if someone started slapping me in the face and calling me a w*nk*r.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

Who actually still cares if Enckleman touched the ball or not? To those who are still worrying about it, my message to you is, as the song says, "Get on with your short life"! Mind you, as most people who are TRULY obsessed (And by that, I mean in the "Bill Shankly quote" way-think about it!!) with football do not possess opinions about anything more important, I really do not think that's possible!!!

Advertisement