Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky News Active Not Available In Roi

• 17-09-2002 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Sky News Active is no longer availabele in the republic of ireland. When you press the red button it now takes you to Sky Active and the option for Sky news active is not their. i Phone Sky and they said that this service is only available to the UK from Today. everybody phone sky technical department and complain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what!!!!! i haven't had a chance to see it yet but i will go on what you say. it's an outrage. until it's sorted out have a look at SNA by rebooting the digibox without the card in it, unless that has gone too :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Tonight I tried accesing SNA and all that came up was that blue menu with the other interactive services.The words cocksucking motherfuc*ing cvnts come to mind:mad: :mad: News active was sky digitals best interactive feature with handy live feeds,a great entertainment section and a good general news section too.The peop,e at skydigital must be getting managment training from the people who brought us eircom.Skys service has been getting increasing erratic in recent months with a load of epg faults for me anyway but this takes the ****ing piss.Ring them,email them,set up a satirical website in the style of www.errorcom.com and www.erinselbow.com/errorcom ,whatever it is do something!This cannot stand!Why couldnt they get rid of theiur ****e shopping services that no1 uses rather than the one we all use? :mad: ****ing muppets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

interesting to hear their reason, bloody hell, there will be no one with a sub soon i think, fta card seems to be the only way to teach them manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gds

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    what!!!!! i haven't had a chance to see it yet but i will go on what you say. it's an outrage. until it's sorted out have a look at SNA by rebooting the digibox without the card in it, unless that has gone too :mad:
    hi tryed a reeboot
    without the card seems that is gone to still got the irish epg instead of just the fta channels?
    gds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hmmm, I'd say it will be back...

They will want us to vote on the poll of the day, they will not pass up a money making opportunity like this. Maybe they will be trying a Irish version of SNA, that allows us to dial in and vote....

I hope thats the reason. Otherwise, I'll be on the blower registering my disgust..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Just another reason to stop subscribing in December. (Thats when my year is up.)
    BBC News 24 is better anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's working fine for me right at the moment. Proper news Active, not regular "play games please" (in case people accuse me of not being able to tell the difference)

I'll be a bit miffed if it disappears though.

Newest software release (since last night)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭corm500

Sky News Active is there this morning.When you press the red button it brings you to the active menu, included in the menu is the sky news option. I checked it and it works ok.:)

Corm

crisis averted :) any changes like voting on there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Hi,
    I had no sna last night either, i came back, this morning, as posted by DamoDMC i myself reckon, that the'll be launching a SNA ROI shortly, with voting, to a 1580 no. probaly @€;1.90per min, also maybe they would do a regional slot for ireland e.g the main irish headlines for the day, but i suppose i can keep dreaming !!

Regards netwhizkid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Last time I checked this evening it wasnt available-just that blue screen with something like house prices or something at the top.If it doesnt return permanently email them
    news@sky.com
    I think the reason that it might be taken away is cos they waqnt to limit our oppurtunity to do anything but watch ads while the adbreaks are on.They realy want irish advertisers.Yesterday I noticed the active icon on during the break.Great I thought,little realising that by this stage SNA was gone:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

It works fine for me here... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Its not gone away, others now are getting "new Eire services" when pressing red on Sky News, so what they did last night was deactivated SNA while they got the new Irish version up and runing, which seems to have appeared now.

Gopher, I would try a forced download if I were you, in case you have missed an update during the day.

Also, the red dot on Sky News does go away during ad breaks, it has always done so for ages now...

2 things which i think is good about this update:

you can remove the active button until you change channel by pressing red followed immediately by the backup button. this couldn't be done 2 days ago as the active button always came back within seconds

we can access SNA during the ads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

2 questions: how do i force a reboot becasue my sna was gone last night...

and what happened to mod putting a sticky up for little tidbits like forced reboot etc...maybe another mod needs electin? (no offense)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by yankinlk
    2 questions: how do i force a reboot becasue my sna was gone last night...

and what happened to mod putting a sticky up for little tidbits like forced reboot etc...maybe another mod needs electin? (no offense)

its all there in the archives, no need for more sticky's or as i suggested before an FAQ

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

that's your opinion.
    what sticky's do u speak of that we dont need more of? there is one sticky and it aint usefull for info. other forums use stickys for FAQ's so wether its FAQ or sticky its the same thing.
    other people agreed when i suggested it, so it can't be that awful an idea.

while im at it, this forum would like real nice in technology. its very hard to find for the average punter. no flaming, just my opinion.

i like this forum, but i think in order to help it grow, a friendly usefull sticky would help. in fact one in every forum would be really helpful.

" A Forced Software Download"

plug out the digibox from the mains, leave it plugged out for 5 mins, then plug it back in and press the Backup and the on-off button together at the same time, hold them together for about 20 seconds, you should see all the lights on front of the digibox light up if you done it right, leave it that way until the lights go off (N.B Dont plug it out or disconnect it from the dish) while it is downloading the latest software, it is a glitch in the digibox that causes the problem . It wont cost you money to download the latest software, best of luck with it anyway,

The procedure i told you is Called " A Forced Software Download"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Originally posted by yankinlk
    while im at it, this forum would like real nice in technology.

I agree that some kind of FAQ would be useful, but I have no idea what the above sentence means !!

while im at it, this forum would like real nice in technology.

is it supposed to be

while im at it, this forum would look real nice in technology.

if i'm right i disagree and think it's fine where it is

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Mossy Monk

if i'm right i disagree and think it's fine where it is

Yup, I agree with Mossy. It's grand where it is.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement