Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question

Options
  • 17-09-2002 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

On the radio today this song,he had the voice of axl rose and some of the words were,where the land is green and the skys are blue,does anyone know the name of the artist or title?
    Thx in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Being a little vague there... But I don't think I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

it wasn't Paradise city was it?, with you mishearing the lyrics. I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't know it if it was :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Paradise city

Just a' urchin
    Livin' under the street
    I'm a hard case
    That's tough to beat
    I'm your charity case
    So buy me somethin' to eat
    I'll pay you at another time
    Take it to the end of the line

Ragz to richez or so they say
    Ya gotta-keep pushin'
    For the fortune and fame
    It's all a gamble
    When it's just a game
    Ya treat it like a capital crime
    Everybody's doin' their time

Take me down
    To the paradise city
    Where the grass is green
    And the girls are pretty
    Take me home

Strapped in the chair
    of the city's gas chamber
    Why I'm here I can't quite remember
    The surgeon general says
    It's hazardous to breathe
    I'd have another cigarette
    But I can't see
    Tell me who you're gonna believe

Take me down
    To the paradise city
    Where the grass is green
    And the girls are pretty
    Take me home

So far away
    So far away
    So far away
    So far away

Captain America's been torn apart
    Now he's a court jester
    With a broken heart
    He said-
    Turn me around and
    Take me back to the start
    I must be losin' my mind-
    "Are you blind ?"
    I've seen it all a million times

dont thank, me thank www.google.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Are definately positive that it wasn't Axl Rose? Or could it have been one of the new ones.

And that reminds me...Anyone watch the end of the VMA's? Fuccking cool so it was. I downloaded the performance and it had an interview with Axl that was cut out from the european broadcasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by Oeneus
    Are definately positive that it wasn't Axl Rose? Or could it have been one of the new ones.

And that reminds me...Anyone watch the end of the VMA's? Fuccking cool so it was. I downloaded the performance and it had an interview with Axl that was cut out from the european broadcasting.

may have been cool watching VMA's, but dammit his vocals sucked so much I nearly wept. Grown man trying to hit notes he hasnt hit in over 5 years, very sad indeed

• Advertisement

What's age got to do with anything? That's like saying "Jimmy Page, What does he think he's doing playing guitar at his age?"

For starters Axl has had singing lessons over the years to try and get the croakiness out of his voice, which he has done successfully. Which I personally think wasn't a good idea because I liked the croakiness in his voice.

But I thought he had done a pretty damn good job. especially at his concert in London on the 26th August. I would know. I WAS THERE! And it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

The VMAs were good, although I despise Axl's voice... they haven't been the same since Slash left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What's age got to do with anything? That's like saying "Jimmy Page, What does he think he's doing playing guitar at his age?"

I agree...
    Take a look at Bruce Dickinson also.
    He's probably older than Axl, and can still kick the **** up.
    Just look at Rock In Rio... ****ing hell, he jumps like he's in the olympics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

For starters Axl has had singing lessons over the years to try and get the croakiness out of his voice, which he has done successfully. Which I personally think wasn't a good idea because I liked the croakiness in his voice.

But I thought he had done a pretty damn good job. especially at his concert in London on the 26th August. I would know. I WAS THERE! And it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

uhm where exactly did I mention his age was against him, all I said was it was tough watching a grown man try and hit notes that he could 5 years ago. His age has nothing to do with anything, I was merely pointing out that I thought his vocals basically sucked the big one at the VMA's

I don't know if you heard any of the GNR stuff before Appetite For Destruction (like Shadow Of Your Love and The Live Like a Suicide!? EP), but his vocals sounded like they were way back then.

And hey! He succeeded in reaching those high notes, as usual! I can't see what your complaining about! I personally thought the VMA performance was great!

• Advertisement
Advertisement