Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saving my quake 3 config

Options
  • 18-09-2002 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Hi know this is a bit of a noob question bet here it goes any way!

Every time i start quake i have to change my player name, contorls and so forth. I have recentlly patched to 1.31 and got the osp mod from phaxx. i have also added loads of mods to quake over the years. ( dont know if these mods are anything to do with my problem.)

Any way how do i save my config file?
    Is it some console command or shour Q3 program be doing it for me anyway?

All help appreacaited!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

You're config file saves itself, and its in the /quake III arena/baseq3/ folder under the filename q3config.cfg

Just copy that file over to the same directory and itll load the config.

Remember tho, each mod has a seperate config, and each in a seperate folder..so if you want to copy those over, just go to the respective mod folder, like /OSP/ and copy the q3config to the mod folder on the other computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ok thanks man i`ll try that, i probabally have the config file i want but its in the wrong folder, i`ll check that later!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

or put in all ur controls and all and type

/writeconfig spookydonkey
    and
    /exec spookydonkey.cfg
    very easy but not the best way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Make sure your q3config.cfg file isn't write-protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ok thanks guys for that. I replaced my .cfg file with the one i had im my osp folder and it is working fine now.

But also thanks to benji for telling me how to write my oen config file as well, i might give that a go also!

• Advertisement
Advertisement