Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceanfree?

Options
  • 18-09-2002 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Has Oceanfree offered anything yet or did I miss out on some threads? It's only my opinion but for surfing / downloading / gameing etc. Oceanfree wins hands down. Sorry if this was all explained in another thread I just cant find anything on it?

OHP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Griff667

I'm pretty sure (not 100% though) that Esat bought out Oceanfree ages ago...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Yes Esat did buy Oceanfree. You can see the EsatBT stamp on oceanfree.net website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

As far as I know, Esat bough the telco Ocean which was jointly owned by BT and the ESB. As part of the deal, they got the ISP Oceanfree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

BT were in a joint venture with the ESB

BT then bought ESAT and started competing with their own joint venture, circa 2.5 years ago.

The ESB then said we're outta here and foced BT to buy them out of Ocean.

BT then stuck it into ESAT seeing as they wholly owned both by now.

M

Advertisement