Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2v2 irish tdm league ( carl33to )

Options
  • 18-09-2002 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

we want opinions and ideas on a tdm 2v2 league for irish q3 players
    map ideas and so on..
    well basically any ideas u have

if it goes ahead itll be organised by carl33to so get in touch with him, if u wanna ask him somethin youll probly find him in #jobos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Good idea
    How will teams be made? Do we pick our own team or is it taken from seedings?

How many teams should be in it?

Should we put it on quake.ie and make it open to UK people and everyone?

What maps will be used?

What day will it be played on? How many weeks will it last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

niceone always wanted to play in a 2v2 irish league,

i suggest it's held on sundays so people have a clear schedule, either that or it's run clanbase style and you're given your opponents for the week and you play them whenever you can.

also i think being able to have 3 in the team is a good idea just incase 1 person can't make it there's a spare there

for map ideas : pro-q3dm6 nuff said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

possible maps : dm6, dm7, ztndm1, ospdm8 (?), dm13 (?) ztndm2 (?)

not really sure about the last few
    any other suggestions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

cpm4 (the map of the gods)

dm13 might be an intresting map for 2v2 now that u mention it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

osp6, pdm6,ztn1 for me
    anything else i think is too big or small.
    i'd hate 2 man dm7. 20 min tl.
    and people might be more inclined to play if they pick their own teams. if you have only .ie people in it it mite be a nice quake.ie thing. course if there is any chane of an irish 4v4 thing at the same time, i'd just drop the 2v2 idea :E
    mikes idea for times clanbase style is cool but make sure the tempo is kept up tho, dont let the tourney peter? out. it cant go on for weeks like. make sure as soon as someoene doesnt play or ****s off or something to boot them (except me), cos the quake.ie duel iqool thing kinda went a bit arseways cos nobody cba after a while (imo) soz n8z for all the net-speak in rush.

• Advertisement

i would say deffo not cpm4... way too big. How about only dm6 and ztn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

i think cpm4 is a better 2v2 map then ospdm6

ztn might be good fun too,

id agree with killy on cpm4, far too big
    i think ospdm6 is the same

dm6,ztn are the primary choices
    ... but in the event of many matches i think it'd help to have one or two more maps, just to keep it fresh

as for having it only as a quake.ie thing, well that was my intention and with so few irish players I thought 2v2 was the only option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spaceman

sounds cool
    Im in :)
    as long as i dont have to play wiv benji :P

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

im only playin if im with space
    i love space :)
    hes my fave q3 player

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

i think seeding is a god idea, keep it all irish and just make the teams as even as u can. more fun that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

dm6 and ztn sounds good. dunno about seedings tho, u should pick ure partners.

i dont think theres any need for seeding or such things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

-irish only
    -pick your own team m8
    -maps: don’t mind
    -time schedule ala clanbase

One thing that should be enforced is that if ppl don’t get their games played by the date - no points! It was a shame that the iqool wasn't finished.

(i think that i was the only person that finished all their games in the iqool... does that mean that i won it by default? ;)

ive been beating about the bush with this one...

-for this particular league we will have no seedings, choose your teamm8 ... i know some ppl wanted seedings, mebe next time (if...)

-maps: ztn and dm6, thats enuf for now (if we need more, then they can be introduced at a later stage)

-there will be no set times for matches, you have say a game or two (or more ?) per week and u gotta get it done before the week ends (or no points)... nice and free

-3 may be on the same team for reasons of availability (i doubt many will do this though).... obviously you have to state who this person is before the competition (so stick it on the signup thread)

-i expect this to be generally a quake.ie thing but others may be allowed to join... this is depending on signups.

-more details to follow

so signup now, and put your buddy's name with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Have it seeded loike. Otherwise It'd be a walk over for the more xperience players

its not gonna be seeded im afraid drake
    perhaps if another such league is set up

also
    for those of you alreay signed up, can u find a partner please

i want to get the signups wrapped up before the end of next week at the very latest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kraz0r

I think its better to not have it seeded, cause otherwise it takes away half the fun of playing with someone you like/get along with (my smiles across to rapier), changeing to someone you dont even know.

Also i think you should consider cpm9 for the map pool... no reason, just its my fav map >:)

Kierz-
    Krazine

ok this coming saturday (5th) is the deadline for applicants.
    those of you without a partner should get one quick.

me+casc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Better put me down as being on hiatus, till I get my dsl back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

i answered it in another post. me and beast. you are all completely and utterly dead etc etc.

So when is it starting?

Advertisement