Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 2000 problem

• 18-09-2002 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

I have a user here who had folders set up within her inbox (not offline folders) and 2 of them have disappeared. Its the same if i log the user onto a different system.

Has anyone seen this before ? Any suggestions on how to get the folders back ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

did the user archive? if so they are proberly in the archive folder or if they were deleted they would be in the deleted items. have you got any more info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

No more info sorry ...she logged on this morning and they where gone .. she dosnt archive and they were not deleted.

Its doing my head in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Im assuming that the user is using a *.pst file as opposed to an Exchange Mailbox ? If so I suspect when the user opened Outlook it couldnt find the original *.pst file and created a new *.pst file instead. Are there any "Sent Items" older than the day the folders disappeared ? In Outlook goto file, open and open Personal Folders File and browse for other *.pst file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Its an exchange mailbox and all the other folders are still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭java

k. I suppose you've done the obvious things like check that the user hasnt accidentially moved the folders underneath another folder. I hope you've got a good exchange backup !!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement