Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerning Car Clubs

Options
  • 18-09-2002 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

In addition to the info I posted in the RTS topic...
    The Insurance you pay in a car club ISN'T personal car insurance. It is a special type of insurance developed for car club members. The original Car clubs that failed in London didn't allow for this and people had to have perosnal car insurance as if it were their own car. In order for Car clubs to be possible the government MUST create a special insurance scheme to provide for the car club members.
    Perhaps the magic FF word "Public-Private Partnership" can be used to achieve this...
    Yes I agree that certain rules will be needed.
    For Example:
    1. All members must be over 21 (no sex discrimination).
    2. If you have a penalty point you may not join for 2 years.

I support the ideas of RTS but yes I too want to drive around sometimes. As I currently and in the near future will never be able to afford to RUN(not own) a car. Car Clubs are the answer. I would use Dublin Bus, The LUAS, The Dart and trains mainly as I do now as taking a car to town is a crazy idea. But once a month I go down to connamara to go SCUBA diving and a personal transport is a necessity for a journey with such a large amount of equipment. At the moment I just hitch a lift from a fellow diver but from this october that will no longer be possible...

self interest is an important motivator :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Chaos-Engine
    The Insurance you pay in a car club ISN'T personal car insurance. It is a special type of insurance developed for car club members.

Some quick checking reveals this is the same situation here in Swizzville.....which I hadnt realised. Here, your insurance is part of your subscription fee, and it can change, based on your driving record.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

thanks for that bonkey. I am still finding out about these car clubs and my knowledge of them is extremly limited.

Advertisement