Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Satellite Signal being Received message

• 18-09-2002 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Since the latest upgrades to the digibox software (i.e. for the past week or so) I have been receiving the message 'No Satellite Signal is being received' on some, but not all of the channels.

The main culprits are TV3 and Disney Channels. You can select the channels from the EPG or type in the number of the channel manually but I still get the message.
    However !!, if I scroll through the channels everything is fine, for example if I'm watching channel 102 and move up one channel to channel 103 (TV3) then I have no problems.

Checked my signal strength and quality and they're both up around 90%. I have a silver pace box.

As I said, this appears to have only happened since the recent software upgrades...so am I alone or have others had the same problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

It has happened to others before, including myself, but its fine now...

Check out our previous discussion.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59858

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭tony-od

I've been having the same problem since the first weekend in august and unfortunately it hasn't cleared up yet. I wonder is it a hardware or software problem? i 've a pace box and a triax dish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭freetoair

I normally leave my digibox plugged in and turned on 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I'll try unplugging the box for a while and see if things improve when reconnected.

Thanks for the link Damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭thrillseeker

I've had the same problem with my pace box since the recent upgrade. Channels affected: RTE 1, Net 2, TV3, Hallmark, Disney+.

Does anyone have anything definitive to say on this point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

My Pace 2500 has just gone on the blink with all 2D and Eurobird channels giving a no signal message.

The box has had the update for a while so I can't imagine it's that.

Could it be a hardware problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, but adjusted my dish for max signal (Using my Digital Sig. Meter), and all was well again.
    The problem affected everything from 10906 down on both my FTV and sub cards. ie RTE, ITV,FOX Bloomberg etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by thrillseeker
    I've had the same problem with my pace box since the recent upgrade. Channels affected: RTE 1, Net 2, TV3, Hallmark, Disney+.

Does anyone have anything definitive to say on this point?

I don't watch Hallmark or Disney but the Irish channels have been affected for some time now with us in Athlone. The problem is intermittant, however.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I am having the very same problem with my ftv card on my pace box. The only channels that are affected are 103 ITV london and also the other regions. I have to try the channel 2 or 3 times until i can recieve it. I thought that it must have been something I did while putting up a Quad LNB but my other two boxes and cards are okay(one is a grundig and other is Panasonic)

Any ideas on how I may fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

RTE, TV 3 and the Disney channels are low down on the frequency band, and have caused problems for older Digiboxes, particularly Pace boxes.

Mine included. It's a real pain, but the only solutions seem to be

1. Switch the box to standby for a few seconds, then press the 'Sky' button.

2. Go back one channel ie. 999 and the go forward one channel again. Rarely works for me.

3. Buy a new Digibox.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

Try twisting your LNB a bit to bump up your signal quality - I had the same problem and that solved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭tony-od

My signal quality is running at nearly 80% and i still having the same problems. It seems to be happening mainly to pace boxes.is that the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Nero

My Pace box is at the same lark recently. Very annoying !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

My pace box does the same to channels 101,102,103,104

Advertisement