Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Private boards - general question

• 18-09-2002 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

I was just idling away some time on boards when I decided to check on the number of boards that are in use. I counted 139 main boards (including the regional and languages boards and the public community ones).

However, I have no idea how many private boards are in existence. Do they get much traffic? And more specifically, what are they? I take it they have a rather limited membership for something specific like the ********** board. I'm just wondering because some boards members may benefit from joining these boards if they were aware of their existence.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Mostly they are clan boards.
    Anything the public should know about we'd probably put in the Public Community boards. We have 229 boards at the moment.

Most private boards are restricted to a very small (<10) membership who are informed of them by the instigator.)
    None that I can see would be of interest to the public.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

the ReaveR board currently has 6587 posts on it, which is more than most other non private boards, yet meanie Cloud still deems it unnecessary to reindex our old posts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Reindex? How do you mean, is that like delete forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

hhehee

"rm -rf /ReaveR"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

why is this bothering you?....they're called private boards for a reason.

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28669

like that thread there^ all the old posts are like that :/ means we don't know who posted what AND our post counts are wrong (not that it matters much tho :p), but it's nice to keep the history.

a who can access the forum function would be great too :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

private boards, what private boards?

hehehehe

Yep astrofool, I was just kidding, I've been working on it for the past day, I'm going to have to reimport the old messages to another database and compare them to what we have...

J.
    --

any luck with it then ?

Let's just say that because I'm working on a non-indexable field my script will take 23 hours to run and I haven't found the best time to run it yet! Perhaps some quiet night...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

rm -rf /ReaveR

select id from board_names where board_name = 'ReaveR';

delete from posts where board_id = '(id returned above)';

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement