Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

isp details

• 18-09-2002 2:49pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok have to do a reinstall of windows 98 for someone tonite but they want me to back up their ISP settings.(I usually set them up again when its reinstalled)What files do I need to backup to save the dial up networking settings,phone numbers,passwords etc.
    Can I copy Dial up networking to another partition??
    Thanks as always
    Richie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

The problem is that this person works from home.The company supplied him with the PC and put in what I think is a leased line/isdn something or other and he doesnt know the Dial up networking password although I can find the number hes dialing into--141********(strange number I know) or something like that.
    He cant ask for the password due to some *stuff* he downloaded which is causing all sorts of errors( *virus* me thinks) and cant be caught with it or its bye-bye.So I was asked if I could reinstall windows for him.But I cant if I dont back up his network settings.
    Cmon people theres €120 of drinking money if I sort this one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Gaz

There is this programme i had once that lets you read a password protected by ***** , you just hold the mouse over it and it reads it as they arnt encrypted , just hidden.

If you had that you could then recreate the dial-up account. I'll have a look for it ...i think i still have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

You shall find what you need here

don't be naughty :p:D;)

Advertisement