Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 2000

• 18-09-2002 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Folks

I dont know if this will be allowed to stay here, but I will try it anyways, I have a file missing on my PC at present and I have to reinstall win 2k. I have a gateway version of the operating system, but it wont pick it up as the computer isnt Gateway, it Compaq. Someone was telling me I need a more generic version of win 2k so that I can install it, any chance someone would loan me the CD ???

Also as you install the Operating sys, will there be an option to install and save your files as they are, or will you lose everything as you reinstall ?

many thanks, Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

when you reinstall, it should find your old version and just reinstall over it (even if the repair option didnt find it). You shouldn't lose any files.
    *not an actual guarantee*
    quozl

Advertisement