Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you got a Pioneer DVD Recorder, Read This!

Options

Comments

:eek: :eek: :eek:

This is not good news, I've got the dvr7000 which is just brilliant.
    But I noticed when I bought a memorex dvd+RW for it, it opened the tray and spit the disk out.
    So I am re-using the disk that came with the machine.
    The disks are very sensitive -the slightest bit of grime or scratch and they're no good.

Pardon my ignorance , but is there a difference between a disk that says DVD+rw and one that says dvd- RW ???
    As if there is, that could be why the one i got doesn't work??

The quality , sound and picture are as good as broadcast otherwise and the machine has all the usual video fuctions ie tuner, videoplus etc etc.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

Originally posted by madman
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Pardon my ignorance , but is there a difference between a disk that says DVD+rw and one that says dvd- RW ???
    As if there is, that could be why the one i got doesn't work??

There is a BIG difference between DVD+r/rw and DVD-r/rw. The Pioneer drives are all dvd-r/rw. The +r/rw standard is newer and is used by philips,sony,hp,ricoh and many others (www.dvdplusrw.org)

Most dvd-r drives will NOT read dvd+r however, most dvd+r drives WILL read dvd-r.

Aha!!
    thanks for that
    :)
    Maybe things aren't as bad at all
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamylon

2x does me fine, thank god, I'm not in THAT much of a rush...

BUT..
    Does anybody know anything about burning in parallel?
    I have 2 lovely dvd burners in a machine with Prassi DVD, but they won't burn at anything but 1x.... Unless they're doing 2x + 2x and therefore taking twice the time, as appposed to burning at the same time!

I know, its slightly off topic, but....

Advertisement