Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Audigy error/problem

• 18-09-2002 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

Well it aint a problem but here it is

A while ago i formatted, and installed win2k. I was bored, and had loads of crap on my machine. Everything was going peachy till i tried to install my Audigy. I got the Audigy Bulk from komplett (yes i am a scabby bastard). Now when i tried to install it, the creative software said it couldnt find the card, and wouldnt install.

As you can guess panic ensued, however I was able to easily get the appropriate drivers off the cd, and hey ho, Audigy installed, without any annoying EAX splash screen or crappy Creative software.

so,

first, has anyone else ever had this happen??

Second, when i only installed the drivers, and not the software, the card is actually louder!!
    I know, madness aint it

Has anyone had this?? Would this count as a miracle for me being made a saint??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

I had the same problem with my Audigy Ex.
    First I have to disable onboard sound card. (most of mother board has them.) Then install the drivers. At the time there was no drivers for Win2k I thin you can download new ones on Creative's web site.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

suppose i should have gave my MoBo
    ABIT Kr7a-RAID, no onboard sound

Advertisement