Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Skatepark

Options
  • 19-09-2002 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

I have found out as much as I can on the up and coming Limerick Skatepark. Check out www.puddin.tk to find out more. THis is my site, its under construction at the mo, but all the stuff about the new sk8park is up.

If anyone knows anything please tell me!

Puddin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

(Rumour) Heard Wayne Gallagher is coming to Limerick tomorrow (FRIDAY) at around 5pm. Some kind of demo something to do with the new sk8 park. Get ur asses down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

It's all true and it is happening and Wayne will be there seeing as he has moved down there :) he's currently in the jury's hotel waiting for his apt to be furbished :D

I'm not sure on exact details of how they got their insurance etc but I'll gett back to you as soon as I hear from him after tomorrow :D

I can't go down tomorrow unfortunately as I have to work. Although I'll definitely be making a trip down that way to check it out ASAP!

I live in Limerick and i haven't seen anything being built that looks like a sk8 park. Love to know where they're building it. I'll try and ask Wayne and get it up on my site. Watch this space!

Updated today, news on Wayne's visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Vladivar

Sean your site has all bads links none of the sections work.
    Whats with that?

• Advertisement

Yeah i'm sorry about that. I've got all the sk8 park news up, and i'm working on the rest of it. Hopefully have it fully uploaded today. (Monday)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Big apologies to anyone who may have been excited about the prospect of this park. What in fact happened was there was a "STREE JAM" and wayne and a couple of others were there. Nothing has progressed for the prospects of a skatepark in limerick due to the massive insurance problems countrywide and the lack of support from the county council and government with the situation (being we can't get INSURANCE)

The latest talk is of one for a treasury of sorts whereby any new park/adventure club willing to open up must put money into a trust fund which will cover the insurance for said places. It's all being planned and talked over atm so there's nothing definite YET!

Hopefully if this works out they will be re-inventing insurance! Brining it back to the way it was and should be! They will start small of course but hopefully within 5 yrs time this trust fund will expand to cover the Uk and Ireland! I'll keep you posted :)

In the meantime let's not announce anything that hasn't been confirmed by our own eyes because there is always talk of this park or the other but until some building or something commences I would ask you all kindly not to jump the gun and say "hey there's a new park open" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

i went on that website and theres nothing on it about the limerick skatepark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

Probably because the topic is 5 years old mate. One of the more intelligent users of the search button I'd wager?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

SeanPuddin wrote:
    Check out www.puddin.tk to find out more. T

Puddin

Those galway trails look deadly. theres nothing more fun on a bike than riding trails. would give up a skatepark any day to have a decent set of trails that were safe from being plowed

• Advertisement
Advertisement