Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covers Chart

Options
  • 19-09-2002 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Just looking at the chart today and i noticed there was 3 covers in the top ten, think it might be a good idea to have a covers chart too get rid of all this rereleased crap. At least it wouldnt get as much attention. Seems all u have to do these days is get an old song and change the drum beat and u have a remix.
    Although this is never goin to happen ,but in perfect world..........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

not quite a new phenomenon.
    in the 40s it was rife.. there would usually be up to 3 or 4 versions of the same song in the top 20... although those were the days when songwriters came up with a song and then just sold it to as many musicians as possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Im sick to the teeth of the pop idols,Westlife and all those crap girlgroups with their ****ty covers.TBF most cover songs were bad anyway but its a shame when you hear a decent song butchered by whoever.
    But Ill admit,Scooters Logical Song is one of my favourite dance tracks ever:) Its just so ****ing furious.Alot better than most dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The sad thing is, the people who buy these covers half the time dont even know it's a cover version and think it's original.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeh, i totally agree.

like WTF, Nirvana covered The Man Who Sold The World!! Talentless ****!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

afaik nirvana never released man who sold the world in the uk... nor did they release it on a wide scale in the us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement