Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards IRC interface

• 19-09-2002 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking that it might be a good idea to put up an irc aplet or similar up on the boards and connected to the boards.ie room on quakenet, so people who are on a different PC, or who cba configuring mIRC to chat online to get to meet & chat in real time.

I know some of the online clients wont get through some of the firewalls in colleges but ive heard 'cgi:irc' does

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

its already there.

Under the boards.ie menu>chat rooms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Whats there is Java IRC which links strainght into #boards.ie

How about getting a CGI IRC client up so boards members can join into fortress.ie, quake.ie, blacknova.ie and other boards based channels?
    I know some of the online clients wont get through some of the firewalls in colleges but ive heard 'cgi:irc' does

one of the benefits....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

CGI chat clients EAT bandwidth. Unless Boards has a great deal on bandwidth on the new server, I really wouldn't recommend it.

adam

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Did you try "/join #fortress.ie"
    I bet you didnt.
    I bet you didnt because it does exactly what you are asking for. :)

Most IRC commands work with that applet and you can open multiple applets to browse multiple channels.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

yeah but it wont go through a firewall tbh, thats why jirc is of no help with regards to that but is with regards to not having mirc.

and tbh the bandwith needed for the cgi variable is small, sure its only text your transfering...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

why not use something like http://www.mouselike.org or sourceforge or something?

Advertisement