Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

grand theft auto forum request

• 19-09-2002 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

i'm sure there are a good few people willing to back me up on this one (Kaimera is anyway), as the title says, i reckon that it's about time a gta forum is created.

a bit too hungover to think of any reasons why we need one, apart from it putting a stop to the inevitable spamming of the main games forum when vice city is released (esp if it ever comes to the pc).
    with gta3 being imho the best singleplayer game ever, and gta1 somewhere in my top 10, there is no better man for the job of modding this forum if it ever comes to life. (along with Kaimera;) )

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're trying to steer away from Single game fora because they just dont really work... I think GTA would at least fit under Games or Racing sims (at a push :) )

Otherwise we'll end up with a GL-Minesweeper Forum.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

check out gta3forums
    proof postiive that it does work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

possibly the worst idea for a board ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Now that's just blatent discrimination. I find this to be a *personal insult*. I demand justice.

On a serious note - what Dev said. In 6 months time will you really be still playing GTA3? No, you will be playing the latest cool game and busy demanding forums for that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i DO NOT endorse this event of product

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

addtoast.jpg

Says it all....

Bio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

No need for a seperate forum as Games or Racing Sims is good enough for GTA3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

In 6 months time will you really be still playing GTA3?

Not trying to be smart or anything else amp but in 6 months Vice City should be out.

Anyway, it wouldn't just cover GTA3.

'Member GTA 1 & 2?

Sure there's so much to do in GTA 3 that peeps are sure to have *Q*s as to where to find rampages, packages, unique jumps etc.

And rather than have ppl trawling through pages of threads to find info on how to combat "slowdown", a single forum would suffice with all the above covered.

I have thought the Admin prolly wouldn't accept the request but with the chance of more GTA games after Vice City, a forum could be a good idea rather than fill Games with thread after thread on the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

a forum could be a good idea rather than fill Games with thread after thread on the game.

Bizarrely enough, the whole idea of the games forum is that you're meant to fill it with thread after thread about games.

Weird, I know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No need whatsoever for this board.
    Anyway, it wouldn't just cover GTA3.

'Member GTA 1 & 2?

And I often see these spoken about in the games forum...
    Sure there will be new threads started when Vice City is released but not enough to warrant it's own board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Can i have a Metal gear solid Forum please?

oh, and i played MGS 1 and 2 so can i mod it aswell?

i don't want to fill the games forum with posts about games so i think this is a good idea :rolleyes:

Phreak: you think this is about becoming a Mod?
    pfft. :rolleyes:

btw..I was speaking of filling Games with posts about ONE game, not plural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Kaimera
    Phreak: you think this is about becoming a Mod?
    pfft. :rolleyes:

no, i just want to get myself a MGS forum ;)

i just want to get myself a MGS forum ;)

Oh..right. GL with that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

www.gamefaqs.com would have guides as to where every secret is, those gtaforums posted at the start would be the next place to look.

Games go out of fashion very quickly, people wanted an op flash board a while ago, a jk2 board, and a DoD board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

CAn i have a puss in boots forum plz thx
    Private [Y/N]: N
    puss2.gif
    puss1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Repli
    CAn i have a puss in boots forum plz thx
    Private [Y/N]: N
    puss2.gif
    puss1.gif

I heartily endorse this product and/or service. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Err, GTA3 isn't even multiplayer. What could you possibly have to talk about that would fill a whole forum?

OFF WITH YE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Why don't you ask for a community instead?

Homeworld has one and nearly everyone stopped playing that ages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

How about a David Lee Roth forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

bumpity bump...

multi theft auto, a multiplayer mod for vice city, was released a few days ago.
    the modding community is going from strength to strength...
    i feel that the time is ripe for a gta forum, i'm not expecting anyone to agree, worth a try nonetheless:rolleyes:

a community forum would be mint

Advertisement