Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dcu Ca

• 19-09-2002 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭

just curious if anyone else is starting CA this year. are we just meant to turn up at 2pm on the 24th... i found the stuff they sent out kinda confusing.

Also to current students:... all i've heard about this course is that it's very hard but good. any elaborations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I havent done the course myself but a few of my friends have. You will have to work if you want to pass your exams.

Yeah just basically show up on the day you'll be shown around the campus, get to meet your fellow students etc. I recommend not going to most of the crap they have you down for as most of its ****e. Go to registration, the tour and meeting your class(i missed this last year cause i was in the pub:)) and you should be sorted.

hope i helped you a little

P.S. Just remember your in college to have fun, get drunk and to perfect your skills as a bum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dave_l

I'm starting CA on the 24th as well, packed looking timetable for the few days next week considering its basically an introduction......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

i finished ca1 last year

yeah just get signed up, registered get your computer accounts and all that sorted out, walk around the place, meet your class mates i wouldn't be too fussed about attending all the **** they have planned for orientation, although the security video clips of people nicking stuff from the college were pretty funny ..... it can't hurt going i suppose :)

the course isn't excessively hard, you just need to makesure you attend all the lectures and especially the tutorials, and get the java book... the more of them you miss the more the course starts to suddenly become ****ing really tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

What is the actual registration date?
    Thursday 26th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

yup reg is on thursday morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I just finished registration for CA and am sitting in the labs atm browsing boards and listening to some silly radio station on media player. Got irc working too :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mindy

You really have to be prepared to put in the work for CA. Im in 3rd year at the minute, just to let you know the course doesnt get any easier, you just get used to it. Sayin that though its a pretty cool course.

Advertisement