Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please welcome Swiss as mod.

Options
  • 19-09-2002 5:26pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We've added another mod here to help the current mods with the work load (particularly since Bonkey wont be around for a few weeks).

Swiss has shown himself to be capable of rational thought and level headedness so he got the call up and I'm sure you wont give him any trouble. *will you* :)

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Well done Swiss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Firstly thanks to DeV and anyone else who put my name forward. It is a responsibility but also an honour to be given this modship. I'd also like to thank my momma and Elvis.
    Originally posted by DeVore:

Swiss has shown himself to be capable of rational thought and level headedness
    Whoever told you that :confused: ? Anyway, I'll try to earn the modship, and not go crazy and delete/edit all of the posts or anything (well, maybe ;) )

I'm sure we'll all agree that bonkey has done sterling work over the course of his tenure as mod. I'm glad he's staying on - since his original proposition was to resign as mod. I'm sorry he won't be around to post as much as before, but I'm sure he'll be around to comment on some of the more, er, contentious debates.

Obviously politics suffers from "the attack of the trolls" every so often just like other boards, but for the most part most of the opinions here are civilised, rational and most importantly civil. I don't expect I'll be very busy in my capacity as moderator.

[edit] As my first act of overfiend MOD, I've edited this post to change some grammatical errors[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

(for) the most part most of the opinions here are civilised, rational and most importantly civil. I don't expect I'll be very busy in my capacity as moderator.

Famous last words....congrats Swiss. :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed to all the above. Good on ya Swiss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

<alcanon meeting mode>

Welcome Swiss!

</alcanon meeting mode>

Good choice Dev (no, really):D

I'm quite surprised someone like swiss hasn't been a mod anywhere else till now.

Three good mods, you are spoiling us, ambassador

(edit) just discovered how to count up to three - oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm sure you wont give him any trouble. *will you*

*looks shifty, stares at own feet*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nice one, great choice. Good luck swiss mwahahahahaaaaaa!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

oh dear lord they'll make anyone a mod these days ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

azezil
    Mod: Sci-Fi / Fantasy

yeah....

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Devey baby is there something your trying to tell me ;):p

Advertisement