Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Birthday to us!!!!!!1

Options
  • 19-09-2002 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Since September 2001
    80 Life Changing Gigs
    200 Gigsmart CDs dispersed for all to enjoy
    31631 Hits on the website
    8671 Message board posts (174 about Toasters)
    48 Saturdays in The International
    800+ Emails
    2-3 Wrecked heads
    Lots of happy heads

NOT ONE SHIFTY PROMOTER !

Its been a long road but we are now at this philanthropic band lark for a year to celebrate we're putting on a party/gig in Voodoo on September 27th and we want everyone to come and play! The idea is that everyone (or as many as we can fit!) play a tune (preferably a cover because of the nature of the gig, something funny or imaginative) with a prize of a bottle of Uncle Jack D's finest for the best cover/interpretation.

Admission is €6, €4 if your playing and €5 if you say "I love Gigsmart and I wish it a happy birthday" at the door

See www.gigsmartireland.com/birthday.htm for map to voodoo and current line up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

congrats on reaching this {kind of} milestone as they say in high finance the first year is easy!!!!

I've been to a fair few of the gigs you've set up over the year and while i thought some weren't the best, a good few of them were truely great, keep it up.......

if i seem unusually positive its because i'm pissed as a frenchman and happy for a change!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

happy birthday to me also
    i had a birthday last sunday
    go me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

This ones gonna rock till theres no sitting down, watch out for The Lovely Lads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

hope you go to the party;i want to finally see what you look like.

I just KNOW you is welll-sexy....

probably cos you used the garfield icon;hence got in my good mind

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

You deserve respect for the work you've put into setting this thing up lads but that thing of making people say "I love gigsmart" on the door is just a little bit pathetic.

• Advertisement

gar, very few ppl find me sexy but im one of the few ;););)
    ok, im JOKING im not being serious (i hate the way i have to stress when im joking). kurdt finds me so sexy he likes to bite me!!!! ;););)

did i not meet you at the otranome gig in da 2 a few weeks ago or am i making that up?
    youve probably seen me around the gigs anyway. i wont be at this one coz i think its a friday and im working. but go to one of the clubs in the shelter and ull see me working away in d cloakroom and i might even let u put ur coat in for free if u tell me that i am sexy (even if u have to lie).

oh and garfield rules, i found a bookshop that has laods of his comic books so im a happy camper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Not as pathetic as the covers that people will be playing on the night, ( including me ).
    Saying that I love GigSmart will get you in cheap, and its also cheaper than printing out concessions, and alot less annoying than trying to find that Concession that you were sure you had in your pocket but only remember upon arriving at the door that it is in your jeans that are currently in the washing machine.
    This way all that you have to do is remember the password and swallow your pride for all of 5 seconds and just say "I love GigSmart".

Its just a bit of fun.

Regards.

Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Congrats on the 1st year boys.

Although there is a healthy dose of R + R on the programme for this weekend, THE 66 ELECTRIC will be there.

Voodoo is quiet 'the forgotten venue', thats a damn shame. Saul runs venues well and fair and the sooner Voodoo becomes a player the better.

66e butter toast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

if i've met you i havent realised it;but that gig is on the thursday,so if tou canst...

sure i just found out that my newbie little band can and IS playing one or two songs on the night...j!ve?it shall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭gilly

Well i just cant wait....it's gonna be great, without a doubt...

Roll on Thursday night!!!!!!

xxxxxxxx gilly g-string

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

Fair enough it may be just a bit of fun... but from the point of view of someone who's never been to one of the gigsmart gigs before there's nothing more likely to make them think "wow, these people are a very arrogant, self-congratulating bunch" like telling them to say 'i love gigsmart' as soon as they come in. Do you really need the self gratification that much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

To be totally honest, I don't think that people in general will put as much taught into it as you seem to have, I was at the first gig in Voodoo that GigSmart put on, and it was the same thing again.
    Basically you say I love GigSmart at the door, if you have not been told the password or forgot it or whatever, we say that its on the poster on the door so if you take a quick look you'll find it.
    Its really just a bit of fun more than anything else, and after all the piss taking is done, if people still think that we are serious about our own arrogance then after being at the show for any longer than 10 minutes will bring the light to their eye's that there is no alterior motives its just, people having the craic.

right as far as i knwo im free on thursday night so it sounds like a plan, hopefully see yiz all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

....Don't remember telling anyone they're in for free...

I can now confirm BLOTOOTH tonight for the gig and a VERY SPECIAL SURPRISE GUEST from the big leagues....

This is the biggest gig in town!

Advertisement