Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now i've seen it all!

• 19-09-2002 10:08pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭

frankie_goes_multi2.jpg
    I've posted here as it's an old game:P available for c64, you know where:)
    Anyone else want to mention an Emulated game thats so incredibly crap you'd wished you'd never downloaded it?:D
    (Screen shots or box covers if you want)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i dont think that one was for the kids :)

NARC, i never knew that if you feed drugs to dogs they went purple and attacked only cops, that all drug dealers are infact clones, have a similar fashion sense to your standard flasher and blowing up drug dealers with rocket launchers leaves their wad of Gs unscortched and ready to be taken by your crooked narc officer. not to mentin that police are paid so much that they driver cars similar to porches to work and have no need for parking, they simply leap out while its moving and jump straight into the action. Huh are we meant to assume the car parks itself?

narc.jpg

it sucked more than a nuclear powered hoover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

These could both be considered bad games and abnormally stupid

Rex Ronan : experimental surgeon
    No idea bout this one, couldnt bear to play past the first
    level which is like tooth invaders (if you remember that from
    the C64 you're old) its either a warped mind or some
    rich guy called rex ronan who commissioned a game.

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

or

Captain Novolin:
    A game to teach ppl about diabetes and show you how
    to take your blood sugar level (it even asks for your blood
    sugar level before you can play :) )
    Theres another one like this but i cant remember what its called.

cn.jpg

or

Mohawk and headphone jack:
    The title screen shows it a little more clearly, they
    seem to have run out of things to call the game, so since
    the main character has a mohawk and a headphone jack, voila!

mhj.jpg

All for the snes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Jesus Narc was well sh1te had it on the amiga :D
    But take a look at this....Last seen offering you guaranteed low cost finance on cars it's.... Jack Charlton!
    jack_fishy.jpg
    This one has to be seen to be believed!!
    jcmatchfishing.gif
    I'm only glad i didn't have to wait for the tape to load:p
    Go on give it a try it's the worst two minutes you'll ever have at your computer
    www.c64.com (Yes it's legal, and i'd say jack wishes every copy was burnt to a crisp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Samantha Fox Strip poker on C64 i think ...

LOl that sucked

kdja

i heard about that jack charlton fishing game but never seen it before.

an old atari st game called overlander springs to mind because it never worked on any computer i tried it in. i used 4 atari 520stfms and one 520ste. it refused to run on any of them. i dled it a few months ago and tried it with every st emulator pacifist, winston, steem, stonx and with every version of tos. would it work? nope it crashed with the very same errors it did on the real machines all those years ago. thats pretty crappy and quite funny me thinks and has nothing got to do with this thread......im tired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I had overlander when I originally had my Atari 520 STFM. It was a pretty good game. A bit like the Atari arcade game Roadblasters. Never had any problems with it, although, if memory serves, I had it on an automation menu disc.

As for Frankie Goes to Hollywood, I had the original game on the C64. It was a wierd game, it comprised of many mini games. One thing I do remember is that you had a counter that you had to fill up, which in fact was a sperm counter.

frankie_goes_to_hollywood_01.gif

Crap games ? What about Aztec Challenge on the C64 ? Now that was pants.

aztec_challenge_02.gif

Originally posted by kdja
    Samantha Fox Strip poker on C64 i think ...

LOl that sucked

kdja

samantha.gif
    Naked "Head Shots" of Sam fox Hmm... ...Prehaps Reaching NO.2 In the crapest Celebrity indorsed computer game(After Jack Charlton;) )

As for Overlander according to this guy who finished it you didn't miss much:)
    Having played through all six levels of this cracking game, my car drew to a standstill and I awaited the lengthy disk access that would load the well-deserved ending sequence. "You are now a True Overlander.".... oh dear
    From the little green Desktop

overlander.gif

i never even got to the title screen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I remember Overlander it was a Mad MAx rip off good game tho.

kdja

Stick with spy hunter now thats a classic and loaded on the C64 in about 20sec. But back to the brutal ones anyone remember these guy's? It's a perfect example of how a games age badly:) I used to love this on the c64 but of course CCS64 showed them to be a bit sh1t:)
    barbarian_2.jpg
    challenge_of_gobots.jpg
    I still have this stuff in my attic! Anyone ever come across "The transformers:The Game " on c64?

• Advertisement

holy **** i remember that cartoon gobots, ive been on an 80's cartoon trip these last few months and i cant belive that that one slipped though. barbarian 2 was good ill hear nothing against it. what is the name of the woman on the box? i remember there was uproar over her and the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Dunno whether you can actually see this from that shot of the barbarian 2 box, but that bloke on the front is actually wolf from gladiators. I remember we had it in work last year. Hahahah i forgot all about that, old loser :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ahh pld lads, this is without doubht the most entertaining thread yet. Its amazing isnt it the ideas that were turned into games. Ive a few ill add to the list later, gotta find some screenshots etc. The Samatha Fox Strip Poker classic :D

DiscoStu Gobots might be a classic 80's cartoon but by God the game is
    rubbish! I'll have to figure out how to take screen captures with CCS64;)
    Also downloaded this game "Ghouls" when i was looking for Ghouls'n'Ghosts on the C64. As you can see it's Pacman with legs and just not very good:)
    ghouls.gif

let us not forget adult manga on the snes. since this board is also for the kids no sceenies. mmmm nothing like 256 colour hentai :)

AAAHHHHH........neighbours-.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Astrotit.... had it on my old IBM (dont ask) very ahem ****ty yet strange game, Ill say no more (young people and all), ye can find it on some of the abandonware webbys.

attack_of_mutant.jpg
    What a classic game title! God to think where stuck with the likes of QuakeIII and Super Mario.....By the way I wouldn't even bother downloading this if you've played Boulder Dash, Dig Dug etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Ah Software Projects. The same company that published the all time classic Jet Set Willy. And I believe BC's Quest for Tyres if I remember rightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

superbob_1.gif

Barbarian 2 is an all time classic Logie! Possibly, the first ever game to feature Beheading. ;) I also have frightningly vague memories of that Challenge of the Gobots show. Bargain bin transformers in fairness... o0

• Advertisement

Barbarian 2 is an all time classic Logie! Possibly, the first ever game to feature Beheading. ;) I also have frightningly vague memories of that Challenge of the Gobots show. Bargain bin transformers in fairness... o0

Ney The original Barbarian was the first to have beheading:D and in my opinion it was a way better game to! As for the Gobots well the game is complete Sh1te and has just about nothing to do with the cartoon:) (Seemed to happen alot in the day )
    As for PD stuff the only half decent stuff was the Assassin collections the rest was indeed complete muck;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

Yer one's name from the front of the Barbian Box was one Maria Whittaker, a Page 3 Favorite from the 80's. I rember them giving out about that ad at the time. Too many teen getting overly excited!!

Advertisement