Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net connection sharing XP

Options
  • 19-09-2002 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Basiclly Im looking for a way to disable it on certain pc's. Ive three pc's networked and I only want 2 of em (Mine and the pc thats connecting) To be able to use the connection. Ive toyed around a little but Im no good at networking so I was just wondering if anyone knew an easy way to do this. Im run'n XP pro and just incase it matters its 56k im talk'n bout. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Is it just web-browsing that you want to disable?
    If so open a browser-> goto Tools -> Internet options -> connections -> LAN settings and select "use a proxy server" and put in 127.0.0.1 as the proxy's IP address.
    That should block it... (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

for disabling all internet including email:

on the pc that you want to not access the internet...assign it an ip address manually, ie do not use dhcp.

Give it an address like 192.168.0.25, and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. this will allow it to access the network, but not the gateway pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Thing is I wanna be able to disable and enable it from the pc that connects.. possible ? :)

Advertisement