Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three posts 4 the price of one!!!!

Options
  • 19-09-2002 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭

three requests here

1/ i've heard that the foo fighters will be bringing special guests 'jimmy eat world' with them for their point gig, anyone confirm or indeed deny this?????

2/ husker du, i've been reading a nirvana biog and their name keeps popping up along with the pixies as influences for kurt, does anybody have info on them? best album, are they still going etc???

3/ teenage kicks, there is a debate about what this song is about, one of my mates says its about, {how shall i put this without being edited} male self pleasure!!!! the only line i could find out relating to this is "its so hard to beat"!!!

P.S. what happened to the bell x ! thread in which i was being abused and my lack of spelling was rife????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i dont think teenage kicks is about ****, but i do know that turning japanese by the vapours definately is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

I've heard that about Teenage Kicks, alright. It was on some documentary about UK punk (think it was one of those "top ten" programmes). One guy was describing the song before the Undertones signed to their label - the chorus went "I wanna hold it, wanna hold it tight/ get teenage kicks right through the night".

It was about the only thing Northern Irish Catholic boys had to keep themselves occupied in those days, apparently.

That's just the story I heard anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Husker Du were Bob Mould's old band in the 80's (Bob Mould was also in Sugar and Bob Mould) - pick land speed record as a good intro to them (I have a blank cassette copy of it) - wilt are basically a husker Du/Bob Mould influenced band, so if you like that stuff check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Cat

I've heard that too, about them changing it when they got signed (well u'd hav to, wouldn't u. what would the priests say?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Cat

dear sweet mother of God that yoke after my msg is long.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

husker du....are really good
    nothing like nirvana though
    the pixies quoted them alot ....
    um check out ZEN ARCADE the double album by them...... also check out the MINUTE MEN - double nickels on a dime..... both great double albums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I saw a show about the Undertones where one of the chaps from the band said that "Teenage Kicks" was about ****.

Advertisement