Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shifting

• 20-09-2002 12:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK, all my mates are going on about their exploits in 'shifting' girls and stuff and I've not got much of an idea of what it actually means. I feel that if I ask that they'll laugh etcetc..... so, can anyone help? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

It means they kissed a girl. or a bloke. or whatever they're into.

Nothing more than that unless you're in some boghole somewhere where it probably means something ridiculous like getting a girl to pluck your eyebrows while you smack her in the face with your dick. hell who knows.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I would also believe about 10% of what they're telling you, the other 90% is bullsh*t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Shifting = French Kissing

Well thats what is was in my day. God I'm starting to feel old.

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

snogging...but i also kind of thought it meant copping a feel while youre at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Shifting = French Kissing = Snogging = Kissing (in leixlip and some parts of dublin anyway (freaks!)) = Necking (Americans)

Hope it helps

Also Beruthiel is right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Up in Cavan shifting is kissing but its different in other parts of the country where it means shagging.I imagine your around 12-14 age-dont believe the ****e yer pals tell you.Ive been to alot of discos in my time and thew majority of lads of that age are sitting down in their seat at the edge overwhelmed by the loud music and thinking"Im to scared to mosh to the nu metal with the bigger boys".It might sound like something yer ma would tell you but its true.Sure there are a few 12 year old sex machines but 90% of them who go the discos have never hugged a girl-never mind anything else.
    I doubt more than one of your friends has done it-if that many at all.Boys of 12 or so make pacts with each other to back each other up on such issues.For example if they both go to a disco one night and sit the whole way through on the bus theyll be whispering"Hey.Lets tell Johnny and Jimmy on Monday that we got off with 3 or 4 girls each.You mention it out loud and theyll be real jealous"
    ****-the closest these kids get to having any sort of sex is when while lying bored in bed at night they get a rub from Pamela Hand(say that out loud and itll make sense):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh Pamela Hand!

I thought shifting girls is when you have an excess of girls (as I usually do), or a surplus if you want to be precise, and you want to distribute them sharpish - you shift them.

- Hello I am a removal expert how can I help you.
    - Hello I have lots of girls I want removed, can you help?
    - Yes we can shift them for you.
    - Great how much?
    - Hmmm, €15 a girl.
    - Excellent you can come round to shift my girls tomorrow morning at 9 sharpish for €15 a pop!
    - Sounds good to me. :)
    - Sounds good to them too... for some reason. :confused:

etc etc

Advertisement