Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimmy Magee quote of the decade

• 20-09-2002 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

As heard on Tuesday night on RTE:
    Abel Xavier looks like a negative of a photo of Matthew Kelly

This man needs to commentate all football matches ever from now on :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D

I reckon McGee is just about the best commentator RTE ever had.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Absolutely! The doddery old fool should be given his own tv show .... and failing that his own webpage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Jimmy Magee is the the best commentator ever. in the world. bar none. evar.

Not only that, but lets not forget hes also the incredible Memory Man. Anyone who canm remember the vice captain of the beaten 1967 league cup semi-finallists has GOT to be on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Every country has its own sporting anoraks, but I don't think many know as much raw sporting data as Jimmy. Fair play top him, and bring back that Sports Quiz with George "The Jaffa" Hamilton and Jimmy, that quiz was great craic.
    And Saturday afternoons with Jimmy and George on "Sports Stadium", they were class as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

He's comparable to UK's John Motson , who is a similar anorak type , also US football has that guy John Madden

I thought aul Jimmy Magee was gonna broker a deal between McCarthy and Keane - obviously nothing came of this :(

ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I don't think that anyone could broker a deal between those two at this stage. Only McCarthy going for bad form could bring Keane back.

Advertisement