Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harney unveils insurance action plan

Options
  • 20-09-2002 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

I dont think anyone will have any arguments about this.
    The proposed Personal Inuries Assement board is a good idea and I dont think the Insurance Companies will mind that either.
    Tanaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment Mary Harney has announced plans to overhaul the Irish insurance market.

She is laying out a precise plan that will endeavour to streamline the insurance industry.

Ms Harney wants to reduce the cost of motor and liability insurance and implement a personal injuries assessment board.

More here...
    http://www.onbusiness.ie/2002/0920/insurance.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

This is excellent news. How long do you think full implmentation will take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Excuse me while I go into default cynic mode, but I'll belive it when my renewal quote drops 20-30%.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'm sure that the insurance companies will pass the cost of all these reforms on to their customers.

I'd like to see a open pricing structure like they have in england where various cars and occupations are shown in various price groupings. It will never happen though.

Advertisement