Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40k RPG at gaelcon.....

Options
  • 20-09-2002 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

it may or may not happen this year, myself[matt] and edbanger[kev] (new recruit is sandrius[sandra] who is taking the notes as me and kev argue it out)

we are well into the second draught of the rules and if you played last year you may not recognize it.

here are some of the streamlines we are making

Combat system
    • less rolling, less dice, less headaches
    • More intuitive with lots options

Character stats
    • skills and abilities are now co-dependant
    • introducing PSYKERS!!
    • new armor rules [thickness+coverage]

Character Creation
    • chance to be just about anything
    • are you lucky enough [luck roll]

there is more but i want to leave some as a surprise.

we wont be releasing this online before gaelcon though im sorry to say as there is just way too much work involved.

Hopefully see you there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I thought that last year's system worked pretty well and was fairly fluid in its workings.

Granted, my character's attempts to use psychic powers could have been a little better though (I was an Eldar bonesinger) and my sword (which was part of the quest) was a little weak in its attacks, although on paper was an obscenely powerful witchblade.

I look foward to this years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

your thinking of a different system totally, which is based on a realease around the date of rogue trader.

last years 2 demo games were run with a 5 man space marine sqout squad and the other game was a group of civilians.....

our system is better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by jaggeh
    last years 2 demo games were run with a 5 man space marine sqout squad and the other game was a group of civilians.....

Ah yes ... I was at the 2nd game. Two teams; imperial and eldar

Imperial:
    Vet. Space Marine Sergeant
    Chief Librarian Space Marine
    Ecclesiarch Monk (really an assassin)

Eldar:
    BoneSinger (psyker)
    Striking Scorpion Exarch
    Alaitoc Ranger

our system is better :)

OOh arrrrrr .. 'ems figtin' words .. arrrr :D

yes

yes they are

and IF we actually get enough done to turn out a workable draught then we will be at gaelcon.

kev has told me on good authority that the combat system is done but thats a relative term :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Warhammer 40K RPG scheduled for Saturday morning at 11am

Warhammer 40k - Infinity Circuit
    Moxie & Oscar Timony Nolan
    Kalisha looked up at the roof of her garden, noting the complex conduits of translucent white wraithbone and the inner light they pulsed with. She wondered, not for the first time, what it would be like when she eventually joined the infinity circuit herself. Not for the Eldar the simple, comforting oblivion of death. Ours is a far longer wait, she thought as she glanced at the pedestal encrusted with Waystones

http://www.gaelcon.com/gaelcon2002/rpgs.php

Colm Lundberg
    Gaelcon Director 2002

• Advertisement

how can put this in a phrase you will understand

hmmm

WE WILL BE RUNNING A DEMO GAME OF OUR OWN RPG SYSTEM USING THE 40K UNIVERSE, IT IS NOT THE SAME CRAP THAT GAELCON RUN EVERY YEAR. IT IS BEING DESIGNED FOR FUTURE PUBLICATION.

:rolleyes:

just a pointer to the old thread where what you are saying was answered a year ago
    old thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

that'll be top of my list if i actually make it to gaelcon this year...
    (and if your doing it :x )

Thank you for your constructive reply. 8-)

If you are intending to run this game at Gaelcon, I would request that, if you have not done so already, that you mail our RPG co-ordinator, Gar Hanarahan, at rpgs@gaelcon.com

Many thanks
    Colm

why?

didnt do us any good last year.

• Advertisement

Jaageh,

Will all due repsect, I find these remarks quite cryptic. If you have an issue with Gaelcon, please feel free to contact me and I will resovle it as best I can. Also, please note that if you do intend to run an event at Gaelcon this year, it is necessary to let the organinsers know in advance of runnnig the event. I'd rather try to help your event be a success rather than sniping crytically on list

Regards
    Colm

Advertisement