Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you hear me?

• 20-09-2002 2:44pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

Any one know of good free voice recognition software? not for dictation, for controling the computer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

No but if you find one let me know plz., Ive been looking for years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Windows XP Plus has a built in one i think.
    I haven't used it in ages tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I used Dragon a lot up till recently. Nominally a dictation package but I used it far more for controlling the PC and browsing the web (hey - I'm lazy)

Thing is, I've a feeling (though I could be wrong) that the PC control stuff only came with the Pro version (which is mucho pricey)

IBM's package (ViaVoice) supports it with v9 I think (and comes in at a much more pocket friendly 109 dollars or so for the pro version)

TBH you'll be looking long and hard to find something cheap that'll do the job even reasonably well. A pretty poor package called "Prody Parrott" came with my SB Live when I bought it many moons ago. It was free but it was rubbish - lasted about 10 minutes.

Advertisement