Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<=== loser

• 20-09-2002 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Wasnt sure really where to post so admins sorry if its in the wrong place just i think of it as a personal issue atm

Well thing is im outta college now (second year, didnt like the course so dropped out) and im just wondering what the hell will i do now. I have quiet a large range of computer skills and a plc course behind me and was just wondering was just wondering what i could do with qualification like this.

I dont wanna work in a factory or anything like that but wouldnt mind working in a bank etc.... or civil service even, anything like that i was really just hoping someone could just gimme a little help, i.e how do i go about applying for bank work/civil service and was also wondering what other type of things i could apply for.

Any help is very much appreciated. (sorry mods if this is in the wrong place, my bad)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭deimos

Join the ARMY !!!

seriosuly, consider it, do your basic training then apply to get into the communications area or alike....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

youre not a loser! Welcome to the REAL world!

With some skills n common sense you should get a job, maybe not a great one but hopefully one which will give you an opportunity to learn and work your way up.

2 years of college is better than a kick in the head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You're probably in your early twenties, so I'd go abroad if I were you. Get a fresh perspective and perhaps you'll return to finish your course when/if you get back. Either way, it's better than falling into a rutt back home.

BTW, you might not want to work in a factory, but you may well end up doing so at some point or other (and no shame if it leads to greater things) or, indeed, in the long run - after all, someone's got to dig Society's ditches, as it were...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Joining a Bank is fairly handy,all you need is a decent leaving cert.

Although i agree with the corinthian go travelling,you have plenty of time to worry about working and getting qualifications.

Advertisement