Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 8210 + Datacable + Internet

• 20-09-2002 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

I've got a Nokia 8210 and a datacable

Is there any paticular software i'll need to connect to the internet with my -desktop- pc and the nokia in question, or is the datacable only used for the mostly useless tasks of editing phone book, sending sms, unlocking etc..

If this is not possible, then i'll have to purchase an irda transmitter which i really dont wish to do...

regards in advance,

noog.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I've used a data cable on a 8210 and all i can do is logos and tones,
    To use the net i had to use the ir port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

sorry noog, the 8xxx models only support internet connection using the InfraRed port

for the 8210 the standard connection rate is 9.6 kbits.

i havent an 8210 to hand to test this but if you are on O2 with "14.4kbps data" activated, or Vodafone (you may need "High Speed Data" activated), you may be able to push 14.4kbits.

you could try one of these init strings for 14.4kbps: AT+CBST=14,0,1 (V.34 Analogue) or AT+CBST=75,0,1 (V.110 ISDN). You may need to drop the AT at the start depending on what platform you are using.

You can call the O2 and Vodafone Mobile ISP numbers so that you get a mobile to mobile call rate.

HTH,
    Brian G.

Advertisement