Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed college course .arts..

Options
  • 20-09-2002 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

Hey,I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the moment and i've posted in the hope that someone may have studied the subjects or can be of any help.
    Last year I studied Arts in UCD,but found out early on that i wasn't into the subjects that i had chosen ,plus the fact that i was commuting every day and found it difficult to settle in.I've always been good at arts type subjects but my combination that i chose was wrong and I realised that soon to christmas that i wasn't going to stay there.So i left,anyway this year
    I've been offered a place to do Computing in It tallaght,I was offered a degree course but decided I mightn't have good enough knowledge of computers/maths to do well enough so chose the cert/diploma level of progression.
    I'm still a bit worried about the level of maths in this course,and if i'll be able to get on to do a degree,ie get good enough grades at cert/dip. level.I've decent knowledge of computing,but no idea about programming etc. To cut the crap,has anyone studied computing like this and have any advice to offer?

Trouble is!-I've also got the offer to repeat Arts which I'd like to try with different subjects from what I did last year.Hist,Geog,Hist of art.I'm unsure of gography however,how difficult is this at degree level?I only did it for junior cert. and question my enthusiasm of it at degree level.
    So anyone have an idea?! I'm wreckin my head about it.Degree or cert level of progression,and there pretty much two courses completely different.I've no real preference at the moment,each has advantages/disadvantages.Just don't wanna not like one of 'em and drop out like last year!:) So if anyone has done Arts,geog advice would be handy,or computers,and you've any ideas .
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah, you'd be fine with the Computers course. The only thing most computers courses assume you can do, is turn the thing on! They would call the course an 'Advanced', 'Intermediate' or 'Secondary' course if you needed some knowledge. And chances are it would require a prior computers qualification. Maths for computing is easy. Tis mostly logic (simple) and algorithm analysis (not too hard).

Anyway...moveage to college.......

Advertisement