Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The thing

Options
  • 21-09-2002 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Any Idea whan this is comming out or if it already has.

I saw a thingy on sifi about it last night, looks like an intresting game!

And i think im paranoid!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

it came out yesterday for pc , ps2 , xbox + cube ( i think ) .
    i got it for the xbox , seems ok so far, i just got to play it for 1 hour ( son's birthday yesterday ) . so i did;nt get to into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ok thanks i`ll give it a look so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

got it a good while back. real good got a real silent hill vibe to it. when you see the thing for the first time it's pretty damn scarey. i got pissed off with it though because it got too dark to see anything even though i have the brightness and contrast up to the max on my monitor. if it wasnt for that id still be playing it now. one word of warning though watch the film before playing the game it will make much more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

I didn't like it tbh. Bit boring with the auto-aim and the endless running around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The film is on the Sci-Fi channel at 10 tonight (Sunday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i have too say that the further i get into THE THING , the harder it is to put down .
    the game was very slow to begin with, put has picked up a lot +
    thanks D-Generate , i'll watch it tonight ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I like it so far, haven't really gotten that far and there is a lot of running around... but it does look sweet

well i have seen the film,

i have it on dvd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

The original movie is far superior to the original version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Bought the game yesterday,
    ****ing Class!
    Yes there is autoaiming but it is far more fun and scary'r to use the 1st person aiming.

Love the flame effects, and also the fact that u have to use both the FlameThrower/Grenades and Machine guns to kill the Larger Things.
    Once you start you dont want to stop......

I'm just going spare waiting to go home and play more...

good then

What format are you playing it on doodee?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

PC
    Had to leave the "me being scared ****less" for the weekend while i return to my Homeland, Iching toget back into it, game just keeps getting better...and teh Gore, theres soo much of it!

Advertisement