Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are 'Time' computers tossers

• 21-09-2002 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Who lately has bought a 'TIME' computer in the Blanchardstown branch,
    well my advice is to send it back asap with any excuse you can.

I bought one from them the weekend of the queens jubliee, it was a smashing spec , 2.4ghtz, 512mb ddram, 124 mb nvida g4 graphics, broadband redy, firewire, 40x rewriter, dvd-rw,, just what I always wanted.

then it gave trouble, the hard drive needed replacement, and the excuses I got were endless, on top of that the store in Dublin is now closed so for any kind of repair it was going to have to go to the uk, after three weeks awaiting collection for repair I learned that the finance co. had not yet paid for the pc , so I cancelled it and thank my lucky stars , needless to say 'TIME' went ape****, informed me that I was in possesion of stolen goods, balls to them, I'll never buy a time pc again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye well think everyone in boards knew that .. there pritty bad ones all the time in there build one urself ull njoy it more also + if it breaks u know its ur fault nothing like a home made pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by elexes
    ye well think everyone in boards knew that .. there pritty bad ones all the time in there build one urself ull njoy it more also + if it breaks u know its ur fault nothing like a home made pc
    yes building a pc isnt as hard as it sounds
    look up some guides on the web to decide if u would be up to it or not
    also if u have nerdy friends they can help
    i learnt how to build a pc by taking apart the first pc i got :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Well, not anymore anyway.

They ran away. About two weeks ago. The shop is being done up for a different company altogether. I never gave them a cent, 'cos I never felt I could trust them, they always looked "packed and ready for the off". Funny thing is (maybe not for some, sorry) that I was sure Eircon were gonna be up and outta there first!

It's that dirty feeling of déja vu. Remember ElectricWorld which were a few doors down? Similar circumstances. BANG, CLOUDOFSMOKE, and GONE!

My advice? Don't buy a computer from any current/future store in Retail Park 2, unless you have the uncanny ability to track down people!

Topcat, great to hear you're the one on top! If you only bought the thing recently, you've a full right to all yer money back (or remain in yer account in your case :)) I guess they'd want it back though...

...get a lovely big lumphammer to the faulty parts, a few A4 envelopes addressed to Time HQ, leaving the postage to be paid by recipient :D

For anyone else stung by Time :(, Contact them ,and the best of luck with the outcome.

It is what it's.

Advertisement