Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John O'Shea

• 21-09-2002 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

I was watching On The Ball or something to do with balls in the title:D and they were saying they thought Gary Neville will be taking O'Shea's place in the team. I think thats pretty stupid considering the performances hes being given. I think O'Shea would make a great partner for Rio, they're both pacey players that can track back especially in the centre. So what do you think drop Blanc in favour of O'Shea so he can play in his proper position and build up a partenrship with Rio or drop Neville so he can get some experience.

What should Man U do with O'Shea 30 votes

Drop Blanc
    0% 0 votes
    Drop Neville
    83% 25 votes
    Leave O'Shea on the bench in favour of Blanc and Neville
    16% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God knows as a Liverpool fan I should'nt be encouraging Man Utd
    to deploy thier best side (even as a Waterford man) but its obvious that O'Shea should replace Blanc who never was quick and is utterly exposed now.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Also Liverpool fan. Also think Blanc should be dropped like a hot rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Can i take the option of dropping neville and blanc, o shea can play for both of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Skippy

They are all crap. United will win nothing with a defence like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Skippy I am sensing a strong ABU resentment here between this and your Roy Keane thread. Have you any objectivity about you or is just ourely blind hatred. On what basis are John O Shea, Rio Ferdinand and even Silvestre crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just wait till the end of the season and we'll see.
    Only thing for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

Not a Man U fan. John o shea is clearly utd`s best defender and should replace Blanc. I would also like to see him take Gary Breen`s place at centre half in the Ireland Squad.

I was haveing a bad day yesterday. I think I need some anger therepy. John should be in instead of breen for definate. Am i forgiven.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Never mind been dropped, Larry White (laurent blanc) should be shot, he can't run, can't jump, can't pass!!! christ he cannot even sing :p

O'Shea is the dogs, cannot rate him highly enough, but the wizard has this hangup about larry white and gary neville that will win us nothing this season.

As for the comment of a whole "crap" defence, back it up please

The results will show how poor the united defence is. They will be lucky to get in to the top ten. Just wait until the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I will be waiting alright!! How do you figure they won't get into the top ten??

So example to us why Ferdinand is a crap defender - same for Silvestre - same for Brown - same for o'Shea.

For interest tell me how many teams above us have a worse defensive record than us???

Get the facts right mate before you make daft statements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

They are all crap. United will win nothing with a defence like that.

Your right after all they only have the second best defensive record in the League.This fact seems to be hidden due to the lack of goals there scoring.

That is their problem alright, if RVN get injured as he is now we are very short of cover - but I have seen it before where a team goes through a drought and then they flow in - time will tell :D

Man U have lost a few but they were all by just one goal.
    They still look a little shakey at the back but if they were as potent going forward as they used to be no one would be really seeing it imo.

John O'Shea is already my favourite defender :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Peanut Brains

"They are all crap. United will win nothing with a defence like that".

I'm not even a united fan but the defence seems to be working so far 2-1 against leverkusen and 5-2 against maccabi haifa. uniteds defence may not be as good as they were but there still one of the best teams in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 JACK666

I think the united defence will let them down. They won't be in the top five

I think the united defence will let them down. They won't be in the top five

yea sure they always struggle :rolleyes:

Give us the 5 teams in front of them then??

After Arsenal and maybe Liverpool i cant name any one :p
    Still think Man u might steal Liverpool's second spot :)

of course i have to say that being a Man u fan :cool:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Good player. Excellent prospect.

Utd will scrape 3rd, just ahead of Leeds, behind Liverpool and Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Not too sure if scoursers will get ahead of us, they are not at all convincing but I am sure they may still handball and pox their way to 2nd like last season

United to win the Double,not sure which double (league,cup or league,champions league)
    and Fergueson to shock everyone and step down at the end of a sucessful season.Mark my Words! ;)

Yeah, the double; relegation and out of the FA cup in the first round they play.

Form is temporary class is permanet

this is the team dat won the treble just three years ago.

For a team having supposedly such a bad year they lie third in the league and have won to out of two in the champions league the same as Arsenal and better the Liverpool.

Then they are gonna need to find some class.

All they need to do is hang in there until the Bad patch is over,rumour has it that a deal has been done for Shevchenko for 20 million when the transfer window opens in January.

Its not Shevchenko we need, we need a gun to shoot them muppets at the back, admittadly the def is not as bad as last year(yet) but every time the ball goes back there then I shi* a brick.

Veron should be off loaded again - swap for Stam!!

The play Keano on his own in midfield - with scholes, giggs, RVN, babyface , forlan and beckham up front!! - it has to work - or is that the Kevin Keegan theory!!

Yeah, go for a 0-1-9, i reckon that would work.

Veron played well tonight.
    Stam....well he played well but he wont be coming back :x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think Veron has started the season pretty well. I know he tends to lose the ball alot but when he is centre of the park almost every attack goes through him at some stage, so he sees alot more of the ball then most. It stands to reason he will lose it more often, but he does infuriate me when he taps it away to an oppositionn player which he will do a couple of times in each game.

Advertisement