Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

depeche mode

Options
  • 21-09-2002 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

of late i've been listening to a lot of bits and pieces by depeche mode. i'm loving it. can someone recommend their best record for me to purchase? i love the intro to "freelove"... it's amazing to listen to whilst in the wacked state.

suggestions folks, please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sidney

Try their singles collection 86-98. The vast majority of their best stuff is on that. Their best album was Songs of Faith & Devotion. The single 'Dream On' from their latest album Exciter is one of my songs of the year. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

id also go with the singles 86-98, but i think black celebration is the album most people ahve of theirs and say is great. i prefer the singles. exciter's good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

It's gotta be Black Celebration or Ultra........Exciter was disappointing to say the least....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 johanson

The singles collection is indispensable. also worth owning are 101 the double live cd from 1988. this album has excellent live interpretations of their early rather dated sounding studio works from the early 80's. I would recommend violator, songs of faith and devotion (not just one of their best, but one of the best albums ever) ultra is very good, a slow burner, but carries on from the darkly themed songs of faith and devotion. I think exciter is great too. david gahan and martin gore are both currently working on solo albums.

Advertisement