Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who think metallica are the best band ever and who is youre fav band

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sadbuttrue

my favs are call of the ktulu,one,and justice,m.o.p,batery,hit the lights,whiskey in the jar,stone cold crasy,sabra cadbra,for whom the bell tlls,king nothin and seek and destroy mighty songs ats the rest of the pll heres fav?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

metallica with ja rule? i heard that was happening, but i didnt believe it, now they have sunk even lower, what next, louis walsh producing metallica? has anyone heard this excuse for music? where can it be obtained?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by beretta

knobbles,

"popular" was famous for it's both it's novelty and comedic value. the lyrics for it were taken from a book printed in the 1950's, advising girls how to act and how to get a boyfriend. funny stuff. the music is definitely a taste of the album. "popular" comes off their first record, "high/low", which is great, though i would recommend their second release "the proximity effect" more. i urge you to go out and get it. the power of christ compells you! i could copy it for you if you'd like, either... i'm all up for spreading the joyous word o' the surf.

ye, that'd be sound if you would. leave me your mail or drop me a mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 R A T Machine

Originally posted by jonny
    i wonder what george bush's favourite band is

I'd bet he really likes the dead kennedy's.

My favourite band would have to be Rage Against the Machine. Tom Morello is just a guitar god.

I like metallica up to the black album, after that it's all downhill.

Radiohead, Muse, Foo Fighters, QOTSA all rock aswell

At the Drive in and Trail of Dead I also like.

I'm surprised by no votes for any Louis Walsh bands. Obviously the people here don't represent the single buying community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

knobbles,

i am most excited to have stumbled across the new nada surf record in tower the other day (which i didn't even know had been released yet), and i am far from disappointed. it's wonderful.

you can email me at giant_eye@hotmail.com and we can arrange an exchange of some sort :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Originally posted by 120_Minutes
    metallica with ja rule? i heard that was happening, but i didnt believe it, now they have sunk even lower, what next, louis walsh producing metallica? has anyone heard this excuse for music? where can it be obtained?

Yes back in the day when Metallica were just starting out, james said that they would never have a rapper on one of their records or one a rapper's record, something wrong has on gone to James's head!!
    If you wanna obtain Metallica and Ja Rule together (dear god why?!) the song is called "We Did It Again" its on an album called "G.H.E.T.T.O" that producer Swizz Bizz i think he's name is.
    i downloaded the song off Metallica website http://www.metallica.com or download it on any of the MP3's sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭irokie

favourite 'tallica songs:
    1) Outlaw Torn (track 14, load) - epic, soulful and i think i went on about this in an earlier post...
    2) Damage Inc. (trk 8, MOP)- RAWK! fast, angry, violent, vitriolic!
    3) Orion (Instrumental) (trk7, MOP) - what better lead into Damage Inc. This showcases the skills and talents of everyone in the band, particularly Cliff... his monstrous bass solo is as good as anything kirk has ever pulled off.
    4) FIXXXER (trk 13, ReLoad) - similar to outlaw torn only more off the cuff... any song which involves hetfield playing lead is a winner.

then there's the usual, motorbreath, one, NEM, ktulu, fade to black, H O T D, Sandman, Bellz (AAHHHHH!) and all the other good ones.

oh yes, and i am just trying to keep this thread alive...

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Almost 40 posts and Thin Lizzy haven't been mentioned!!!
    Lizzy were the greatest rock band ever, Metallica just copied them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sadbuttrue

thin lizzy are mighty men metallica fav band keep the thread goin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell metallica rule m.o.p for ever cause im stone cold crazy fukers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Oi!!! less of that cursing Mister!!!!

Im tellin yer mother!!!!

How's REx by the way? hehehe!

:p:p:D:p:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement