Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone call on TalkSport last week (supposedly)

Options
  • 22-09-2002 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

Presenter: We have Jim on the line who wants to discuss the Faroe Islands/Scotland game.

Jim: Thanks...er yeah. Just want to say it's an absolute disgrace. I mean we're playing probably the weakest side in world football and we can't do better than a draw.

Presenter: It was a poor result.

Jim: Poor result! Poor result! It's absolutely scandalous. The manager has lost the plot completely; he's got to go. I know we've never set the world alight over the years on the international stage but I can't remember things being this bad. It's the end for us. The absolute end. I can't see us ever recovering from a setback like this. We're a complete laughing stock.

Presenter: Look Jim. I know it seems bad now but there is still a long way to go. I can't see you qualifying for Euro 2004 but hopefully things will improve.

Jim: I never expected for a moment we would qualify. I don't mind that so much. We're not good enough. But listen, to not qualify is one thing, but to fail to beat a team like Scotland is a different matter. It's a bitter blow for everyone here on the Islands.

(Uproar and laughter in the studio)

Comments

Advertisement