Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utvi webspace ?

Options
  • 22-09-2002 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Mornin guys and gals.
    How do i go about setting up my webspace on utvi ?.
    Thanks,
    stay safe,
    Ger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Amazing what you can find on a website: Quoting the following from utvip.com - hope it helps :)

Your web address will be www.USERNAME.utvinternet.com (for example www.stuart.utvinternet.com).

FTP Hostname = ftpusers.utvinternet.com
    FTP Username = your normal log-in username
    FTP Password = your normal password
    Remote Directory = /

When you go to any website, the first page that is displayed is usually called index.htm. You must ensure that your main page is called index.htm otherwise no-one will be able to see your web site when you upload it to our server.

You must dial into UTV Internet to update your website but anyone can view the web pages you have uploaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

Thank you very much Patrick Mooney,
    ger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

I presume UTi cant handle frontpage server extensions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Arkles, This isnt really a UTV support forum :)

Nets/comms is better for this sort of thing (until utv ask for a community forum anyway;) )

Advertisement