Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album Archive Thursday 26th Sept

Options
  • 22-09-2002 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Simple Minds - New Gold Dream

Before they were crap, they were really really good. In the early 1980's Simple Minds were one of the most exciting bands around. They were experimental, but not in a nerdy way, and they certainly had an ear for a good tune. 1982' New Gold Dream was the album that contained their first real hit, Promised You A Miracle, as well as Glittering Prize and Someone Somewhere in Summertime. They would later become one of the worlds biggest stadium rock acts, unfairly being labelled "U3", and they decided to go really naff around 1991. But when I tell you that New Gold Dream is a fantastic album, I speak the truth. Tune in to Phantom FM this Thursday for live versions and studio versions of the album's tracks, as well alternative versions and b-sides associated with the release. You'll thank me for it.

Regards

Rob

any albums you'd like to see featured on the show? Please email robt@phantomfm.com and ya never know.....

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Hoooray!!!!! All these kids today need to learn that Simple Minds were such a great band before they went all .......odd......

Before Jim Kerr got his leather trousers, and McGinnity's goat became contrary, in other words.

Advertisement