Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scangers

Options
  • 22-09-2002 6:01pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Scangers / Skangers (sp?). God i hate them. Some of them are harmless but its the right scumbag varieties that i can't fucking stand. Scum of the earth, they better hope i never become a dictator because if i did i would exterminate them off the face of the planet like vermin.

They are like a plague on Dublin, and a cure is needed. They are fking EVERYWHERE. I was on a bus today and there was a group of scum at the back of the bus, there were two lads and a girl up at the front of the bus having an intelligent conversation about Russia/China and were constantly abused with "AHH YE FUCKIN FAGGOTS", "DO YE WANT ME MICKEY IN UR MOUTH YE ****" etc for no reason. I wanted to line their scumbag heads with a few shotgun cartridges so badly.

I wonder will they ever just fuck off? Or is emigration the only answer to get away from them ?

Grrr :)

Oh yea, and i may not be exactly a fashion designer... But WTF is the story with their dress sense? Do they actually think that flecky tracksuits, baseball caps and bright white cheapo runners actually look GOOD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Most of them are all talk.
    Stand up to them and they will change their tune quick.
    Acting hard, pathetic.
    I mean a lot of them come from so called "nice areas" they just think they're tough.
    If you have a moped and wear a baseball cap on the back of your head so not to mess your fringe and have a dirty looking haircut you can be a skanger too.
    Throw in a couple of rings and tracksuits and you're it.
    Idiots, they arent worth the effort to rant about.
    Dirty nackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

I think they should force them all to live inside a 'scanger zone' where they would only have each other to rob and kill. It would be out in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by barbed wire. Any escapees would be shot.

Think of it as Tallaght for the next generation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Not much that can be done until someone developes a targeted virus to kill them off. I doubt it would be that hard though as they as seem to be inbred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    Not much that can be done until someone developes a targeted virus to kill them off. I doubt it would be that hard though as they as seem to be inbred.

Simply use cheap gold jewelery and hoop-earings as the carrier for your virus. I think you'll find it'll have 100% accurate targeting on both sexes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by kaids
    Oh yea, and i may not be exactly a fashion designer... But WTF is the story with their dress sense? Do they actually think that flecky tracksuits, baseball caps and bright white cheapo runners actually look GOOD?

Often wonder that myself, it must be the inbred idiot-gene kicking in and they can't realise how disgusting they look. I mean, some of the girls actually make you physically ill when you look at them. Hideous.

It would appear that the more vertical your cap is, the more rings on your fingers and the longer your fringe, the higher in the social chain you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

its their take on herion chic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by PiE

Often wonder that myself, it must be the inbred idiot-gene kicking in and they can't realise how disgusting they look. I mean, some of the girls actually make you physically ill when you look at them. Hideous.

It would appear that the more vertical your cap is, the more rings on your fingers and the longer your fringe, the higher in the social chain you are.

And I'm VERY sorry to say that this also seems to be universal and transcend national boundaries.

It's the same in Scotland too - where they're called "neds". Cap at 45 degree angle to forehead, lots of "gold" /ahem/, tracksuit, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

Originally posted by richindub2

Think of it as Tallaght for the next generation!

Excuse me i live in tallaght and i am sick to death of the descrimination i recieve from others over my place of residence. Yes tallaght has a few bad apples and certain social problems which is mainly due to lack of social investment from the local authorities. Our situation is often exageratted by newspapers and rumours circulating around the place. There are maybe one or two areas which i would prefer to avoid in the Dublin 24 suberb. People do not dismiss the whole of New york over the Bronx or Harlem or L.A with compton for that matter. Tallaght may not be perfect but it is not a "Dump" or a "scanger central".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by kaids
    Scangers / Skangers (sp?). God i hate them. Some of them are harmless but its the right scumbag varieties that i can't fucking stand. Scum of the earth, they better hope i never become a dictator because if i did i would exterminate them off the face of the planet like vermin.

They are like a plague on Dublin, and a cure is needed. They are fking EVERYWHERE. I was on a bus today and there was a group of scum at the back of the bus, there were two lads and a girl up at the front of the bus having an intelligent conversation about Russia/China and were constantly abused with "AHH YE FUCKIN FAGGOTS", "DO YE WANT ME MICKEY IN UR MOUTH YE ****" etc for no reason. I wanted to line their scumbag heads with a few shotgun cartridges so badly.

Complaining about them on the internet isn't going to help/change anything.. do something about it if it concerns you that much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i love it when they wear really big curtain hoop style earings that reach their shoulders (im not joking!!!!!!).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by fisifan01

Excuse me i live in tallaght and i am sick to death of the descrimination i recieve from others over my place of residence. Yes tallaght has a few bad apples and certain social problems which is mainly due to lack of social investment from the local authorities. Our situation is often exageratted by newspapers and rumours circulating around the place. There are maybe one or two areas which i would prefer to avoid in the Dublin 24 suberb. People do not dismiss the whole of New york over the Bronx or Harlem or L.A with compton for that matter. Tallaght may not be perfect but it is not a "Dump" or a "scanger central".

Get used to it fisifan, I always see people trying to bad mouth it, its usually the people who think they're upper class or something because there area's arn't so bad mouthed, I find no problem whats so ever living in tallaght, people are scared ****less to walk through it at night because of what they heard, but its like every area, it all depends on who yea know, you know the people in the area, you won't get touched simple as that.
    usually though I find the attempt scangers from foxrock, blackrock are the worst, little mammys boys, they act so hard and try to be comman an all that by thinking they're the **** smokin hash on a bus or something, god I love when they get checky wit yea so yea have a decent nuff reason to crack their face open for being such a ****ing asshole. Its *those* type of people that're the worst type :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Me and my friend have been having this discussion since he came home from America after a holiday, and have agreed that Scangers are the reason that this country is such an undesirable place to live. Its not the high cost of living, because no one would have a problem with paying high prices if they could walk down the road without being abused (either verbally or phyisically) by a bunch of peaked capped half-wits who seem to think its cool to terrorise old men and women. A friend of my dads was telling him the story of how his blind friend was walking through a secluded area with his guide dog when two youths came up to him, stole his wallet, and proceeded to bark in his ears. Why? For a laugh. Thats why I'll be leaving this country as soon as I can.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap
    A friend of my dads was telling him the story of how his blind friend was walking through a secluded area with his guide dog when two youths came up to him, stole his wallet, and proceeded to bark in his ears. Why? For a laugh. Thats why I'll be leaving this country as soon as I can.

They were criminals, don't associate every person that commits a crime is a "scanger" they're some crazy people out there.

Originally posted by OJ

usually though I find the attempt scangers from foxrock, blackrock are the worst, little mammys boys, they act so hard and try to be comman an all that by thinking they're the **** smokin hash on a bus or something, god

Its *those* type of people that're the worst type :)

Yes yes, they were the ones I was reffering to in my post.
    Shout boo and they'll run though.
    Anybody can act the tough man when they're in a group of 10. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Unfortunately they've become a bit of a universal constant. No matter where you go, there they are.

There are areas which have more then others, and Dublin has it's high concentration in certain suburbs - doesn't make them bad places though. For every single skanger theres a decent person about.

Yeah, these people are all mouth most of the time, but there is quite a few nutters who would do something. I just generally avoid them at all costs

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Yes tallaght has a few bad apples and certain social problems which is mainly due to lack of social investment from the local authorities.

Oh yeah they do that **** because they have no facilities.

Excuse me while I go get my violin:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

K lads, Tallaght is just another place. Plenty of my mates live there, and it's not even half as bad as people say. Of course, there are *some* bad areas, but no more than other places have. I think it's just the speed with which it's grown is why people always complain about it.

Anyway, haven't got time now. Needless to say, any more posts of the "Tallaght is all scum/Blackrock is all posh" variety will be removed without warning. And I'll probably go on a little editing spree tomorrow in college. Or maybe Dusty will do it for me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Just ask them where the stadium is....always works :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Excuse me i live in tallaght and i am sick to death of the descrimination i recieve from others over my place of residence.

I agree, people seem to forget Tallaght is one of the biggest estates in Europe, with that many people and bad planning on the part of those who developed the area you're bound to get a percentage of knackers in a place that big.

I think parts of Finglas are a lot dodgier than Tallaght, and even Blanchardstown (where I work) is getting REALLY bad, there's places here that are far worse than the more notorious estates in Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

I reckon at birth all scumbags should be sterilised. That'll sort the dirty feckers out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Oh yes, of course, you're going to know at the moment of birth whether they're going to grow up to be scumbags or not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Judging by the parents it'd be quite possible. Though, unfortunately, impractical ;\

Everybody who's lived in an area for a long time always says that it's not as bad as everyone thinks. Sure I say that about town and we all know it is that bad ;]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Oh now come one! Wicklow just completely beats Tallaght and Dublin in terms of Knackerness.

And in reply to the comment that there is a nice person for every skanger...So untrue! Don't get me wrong...Ireland has a large share of nice people, but they are way outnumbered.

And the comment about skangers being everywhere...also not true. Take Dundrum for example. Nice little town with nice people. Like someone said...Criminals and Skangers are 2 different things (although the blind man mugging thing...they were skangers. They were barking at him FFS. What kind of a human/criminal, that isn't a knacker, barks?).

Wales doesn't appear to have too much skangers. They have what they call townies. Which are basically people who like dance music, and think they rank higher than people who like Rock music, because it's trendy etc. Then of course are the criminals...who can be from either group!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

ARGH! I dunno... scangers are damn annoying but they are much more tolerable if you learn to realise how pathetic their futures are and just laugh when they insult you. <spits!> idiots.

In fairness, tallaght isn't too bad and I WAS dragged down a street and had my head smashed into a wall there when i was 8... but... i dunno... was a once off thing and BOY that guy got in shít... hehe...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Oeneus
    Take Dundrum for example. Nice little town with nice people.

haha my barse, Dundrum is full of scangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Hmmm...really? I worked there for 2 years and didn't come across a single one!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

well i've lived here for 11 years so...

Most of them arent real skangers though.
    They just drive around in moped gangs.
    spas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

this seems apt for this thread..

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~kane/scum/

..something I done way back in first year in college.. :)

Advertisement