Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT3 6 player via ILINK and Hub

Options
  • 22-09-2002 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done the above ? i'm looking to give it ago - but im unsure if any Firewire Hub will be suitable.

Advices please

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

surely one machine will have to be the server on the upstream ?

I'm pretty certain any IEEE1394 hub should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

yeah me too ondafly. I tried this on the 6player i-link thru a and 6 link hub and 6 firewire IEE... etc and couldnt get the damn thing to work. Bought it from Game, Dawson St., it was a blue box with pic of a red sportscar and the tagline " everything u need u play GT3 with 6 players" etc.

tried with 3 PS2's and it just froze up, they never detected each other. Brought it back and got another one, tried it with 2 PS2's and same prob they just froze up.

got my money back on this (i think it was an 'GAME' own brand product) but i'm v interested to hear if anyone got it working.
    ( i'll be arround :D )

only thing i could think off is that the versionsof Ps2's were conflicting (mine is a day one model.m8's are both quite new) this shouldnt be a prob as everything should work on any PS2.

Gr8 job by Gamire.com! hopefully we'll now also get some decent console coverage on Boards.IE!

Skypax!
    and theres no server the should come up as machine number 1,2,3 etc 6 ps2 =6players:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

well I've/We've managed to buy a Ps2 6 Machine Hub - with 6 ilink cables from Game in Manchester for 80euro. So we'll get testing it Friday evening for the big GT3 Marathon on Saturday, only Peats in Dublin - had a hub that would work (90euro). But the pack works out cheaper!

Let you know how it goes or doesn't go !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

yahoo! well we got 3 PS2s ilink'd last night, sore acceleration thumb this morning :(

it was the same pack that you bought Corben and worked a charm. Only issues were - The PS2 that has the least amount of cars collected and tracks opened becomes the default, the solve for this was to overwrite all the PS2 memory cards, with the best one we had. Also Rally mode can only be played 2 player ??? which was slightly annoying, but the 3rd TV became a live view screen. So now today, we have a 4th machine joining the fray, expect my thumb to be swollen to twice its size by the end of this weekend !

Advertisement