Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paling make-up

Options
  • 22-09-2002 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

ok, my little sister wants help with her halloween costume, and im the dutiful big sister, so does anyone know how goths make their skin so pale? is it make-up or are they just all very unhealthy? if the former, what do they use, cos her kids face paints dont go on smoothly. any info will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Well she could try staying awake from 4PM to 7AM and sleeping at all other times.

Works for my sister.

Failing that... Dulux?

}:>

But seriously, if she's using the regular crayon face paints try getting some of the special Hallowe'en stuff that comes in squidgy bottles. I used to use it when I was a vampire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Dude, Dulux is for WALLS. The stuff's probably corrosive.

Em, do you have foundation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

yeah, i have foundation, but its for living flesh as opposed to dead stuff, like she wants. she's probably going to be a dead cheerleader, who was atacked by something. the white goop might be a bit much, ian, but where can i get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

1. Get her really drunk, just before people get sick they look ridiculously white. Since its your little sister that might not be a good idea
    2. Inexpensive option is talcum powder. It works.
    3. Asha sell white foundation, i think its 'spectacular' brand or something.

• Advertisement

I'm sure you can get it at your local joke shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

Garog's right- foundation would do the trick. It comes in shades for deathly pale pple. I mean, like IVORY colored foundation. if u put it on, u look like a ghost. it'll do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Talcom powder actually does work wonders...

erm... i did it for halloween once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

heh. funny, sven.

i think powder works better when you have something like foundation under it. otherwise it has nothing to stick to. (but make sure u wash it off well- blech.)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

the talcum powder stays on if you mix a bit of vaseline with it or put a LIGHT film of vaseline over the face and neck and put on said talcum powder with a powder brush. you have foundation so you MUST have a powder brush. unless you're one of those orangey-fake-tan-make-up people.
    god, i can be so girly.
    there's no point buying up a whole foundation thing just for hallowe'en. listen to me. i know make-up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

Originally posted by twix_girl
    Garog's right- foundation would do the trick. It comes in shades for deathly pale pple. I mean, like IVORY colored foundation. if u put it on, u look like a ghost. it'll do the trick.

you sure?rimmel's "ivory" is that kinda peachy/orangey gick that is like NO SKIN I'VE EVER SEEN.what the hell's the deal with orange make-up??
    but seriously,either talcum powder or the foundation in asha sounds like the best bet.

and garog,once when i was painting my sister's house i got paint all over me including my face(it was really quite spectacular)and i was fine.so maybe dulux would work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

foundation, trust me on this. roisin had some fun with it+me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gunshotglitter

I used to wear the rimmel ivory and although I am extremly pale it's not what you want. Talcum powder is good but I think the white foundation from Asha is the best idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Don't bother trying to find pale regular foundation. I have spent the best part of 2 years trying and have never found any pale enough.'porcelain' and 'ivory' shades ordinarily make me resemble an orange when comparing my face with my neck,so i just don't bother. Definitely try asha

THnaks all, i got some stuff in asha. it smells kinda like glue, but it works well enough. With blue eyeliner, and purple and blue eye-shadow in all the wrong places, she definitely looks dead, and with lots of hair-gel she'll look drowned enough.

i love doing make up. shame youre meant to use it to make you look pretty. anyone want to look like something for halloween?

Yeah.... powder brush is a NECCESSITY... <ahem>

not that i'd know...

and kate! MAKE ME PRETTY! and then take it all off before i go home and get kicked out!

Originally posted by lordsippa
    and kate! MAKE ME PRETTY!

No! Make ME pretty! Its far more challenging!!! Something about it being a lost cause or somefink :rolleyes:

IAN!? You are SOOOO way more doable than me! YOU BITCH! Plus i meant for her to just make me up like a pwetty ickle girl so we could all have a laugh.

Nooo. that's the boring sort of making up. i want to make you look like someone beat the **** out of you. or you were mauled by a monster. or like zombies from night of the living dead.

but ok. sometime during the midterm break, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Yeah.... powder brush is a NECCESSITY... <ahem>

those people that wear foundation and only foundation are those orangey or streaky coloured people.
    i asuume Mahotee is normal, and therefore not orange, and uses some form of pressed powder over her foundation. that's why i said she must have a powder brush. mmmhmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Livingout 99% of your life in your room with the curtains drawn is pretty effective, definetely unlikely to flake (unless you contract a skin disease), only likely to be messed up if you eat too much junk food and sprout a crop of spots, but it's worked wonders for me.

Though, seeing as your sister'll need it for Hallowe'en, she'd best start now. And have a back-up plan, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Know what would work better than any of your ideas? Hydrogen Peroxide and lots of it! I spilt some on my finger in Science and it turned REALLY white. Just don't get it wet too soon or it'll wash off.

Or, if you don't want to use possibly dangerous chemicals use some kind of stage make-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Or you could try

http://www.n-chicken.net/stuff/Sillyfun.swf

</plugging></spam>

Advertisement