Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monkey tennis and helter shelter

Options
  • 22-09-2002 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

anyone ever go to monkey tennis in the shelter? Ive been at 3 of them i think but last friday's was really good, a nice mixture of songs, from warren g and nate dog to depeche mode and soft cell, i was singing along all night, twas deadly!

also just wanted to remind people that helter shelter is on next saturday, and if u wanna try a new alt club try this one. And bring money to tip the cloakroom girl, shay! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Hey,
    went along to MT on Friday last - bit confused though. Flyer said 80s cheese (specifically Herbie Hancock's "rock it") and was informed by the DJ that he wasn't playing that or any of the stuff on the flyer.... a case of False Advertising methinks. Also, I heard there were games and stuff on there normally?
    Anyhoo, got NIN at the end of the night so was happy enough.
    Also at Whelans on Sat. and BP Fallon was supposed to be dj - he did a half hour and then p'd off!
    Should be at HS next Sat. First time in 2 months so looking forward to it.... gonna cost me a fortune this time, what with the tip money an all! Gonna c if I can get CT played :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MrWonderful

If anyone was at whelans on saturday night could they explain what the hell was going on with those 3 "DJs" on the stage.
    If i wanted an amateur night id go elsewhere, sorry girls but you havent got a clue about music so exit stage left please.

Worse still they were charging €10 in for this!!! C'mon, were sick of being taken for a ride.....

Ladies also go by the name of "Chicks on Decks" - they used to do a gig in Da2 on Sundays.
    At least they played Suds and Soda by Deus.... can't remember the last time I heard that in a nightclub.
    Oh wait, I can - it was H Shelter!

Shay,
    Fair enough, they might play the odd song that you might like but in general its not the sort of music you associate with whelans, especially on a saturday night? I was there the previous saturday and it rocked. I know from myself and my friends that we were all pretty disappointed with what we heard.

No offence to the 'chicks on decks', but i think 'dogs on decks' would be far more appropriate :)
    They are a little bit pretentious up on the stage, i don't think they are going to do much to a primal scream song by pushing a few buttons, leave it the **** alone!!

he he he,
    fair points!!
    Reminded me of a Norman Cook gig :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, him and plenty of other tosser djs across the planet do exactly the same thing....just play the damn record and leave it alone, we dont want bloody faders or bass twitching by you lot....

and as for the lads that stand in HMV at the turntables.......

go learn a bloody instrument all of ya!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

did u put yer coat into the cloakroom on fri? some guy started giving me a load of grief because the dj wasnt playing what he wanted...i'd love to know what he though i was gonna be able to do about it! i thought it was really good anyway.

i think we should tell the people who do helter shelter that were expecting them to play some cocteau twins (also some air would be nice) this week or else were going to be really dissapointed when they dont and then realise that they didnt know we had this little plan hatched for them.

also i reckon its gonna sell out this weekend, so come along early.

yep, i was there and did put my coat in, but never said anything re: music.... at least I'm pretty sure I didn't.
    I recall saying something to the dj though.... something about his questionable heritage :D

well the cloakroom girl was MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    so uve met me
    but i cant remember u

so did u tip me? i never asked. i got **** tips that night

bu they played that ms dynamite song, which i LOVED! (ah my poppy past keeps coming back to haunt me, and i love it!)

• Advertisement

Soz, but I got into some state of inebriation so I don't remember :( Should be going to hs though, and I'll ensure that I set aside that tip!!!:)

Advertisement