Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob likes girl. Yeah, that's a recipe for trouble.

Options
  • 22-09-2002 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Of the people involved Dermo will almost definetely read this, Laura might and Sarah probably won't. So, the whole CTYI reunion / Reclaim the Streets idea failed miserably so Dermo, Laura, Sarah (not a CTYIer) and myself decide to head off to the zoo for some insane reason. Maggie was there aswell and as much as I love her she doesn't really play a big role in this little advenrture so yeah.

Anyway, this is the first time any of us had ever met Sarah except Laura and first impressions were; "christ on a bike she's hot, right, let's be cool about this" and then I proceded to tie several helium filled balloons together and let them roam free over the skies of Dublin. Maybe it's a good thing I don't change around people I fancy (God I hate that word, but it conveys my feelings bst) but it does decrease chances of scoring unless I have a good personality. Argh, tangent!

Back to our tale, so, yeah... we all feck off to the zoo and 'tis great craic all together and we're having fun and stuff and meercats are the cutest animals on earth. Anyhoo, I decide to give it a go and see how huggy Sarah is so I hug her... she doesn't seem particularly repulsed so all is cool and we get on grand and there's more hugging and stuff and 'tis great.

Yeah, so, being the idiot I am I tell myself maybe there's a chance with Sarah and ask Dermo to talk to Laura about it. This makes sense, really it does. Laura being Sarah's friend, Dermo being mine... it's the way of the playground. He talks to Laura and apparently things might look good, I still don't know the whole story but he says things look good.

So, if chances with a really damn cool girl are looking good... why am I so worried? Because I am Bob. I'm an idiot, a muppet, an eejit... whatever. I'm not sure if I'm looking for advice, insulting, a good kicking or reassurance but I'm looking for something. I'm gonna see Sarah again next weekend I hope.

So, to summise...
    Bob likes girl.
    Girl apparently likes Bob.
    Bob waits for girl to decide not to like Bob.
    Bob be much worried.

Be happy folks,
    Bob.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

go for it. why the hell not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

hey, go ahead. even if it does turn stupid, you'll never know if you dont try, eh? and dont deprive yourself if shes "christ on a bike" hot. i sure wouldnt deprive myself of a guy who was christ on a bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Okay, right, apparently she's now a lesbian... she sure didn't seem like a lesbian yesterday. Bob's guess: really bad way of saying no. No would have been a lot quicker. :) Ah well, who knows... either way, my brief sixteen hour or so foray into the whole "liking girls" thing didn't work this time either... I don't think I am gonna bother anymore. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Don't be too hard on yourself... it mightn't necessarily be an excuse. Some people are just naturally touchy-feely. And don't give up on love and likeyness - it's frustrating and painful at times, but it's also so much fun. *happy giggle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

ARGH!! ZOO!!!

Theyre just prisons for animals!! IN CAGES!!!!

BE FREE, MEERKATS!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I'll bet my first child's virginity on it being an excuse... ah 'tis not too bothering, and if I look at it from an outsiders point of view: it's funny as **** to be honest. If it happened anyone else, I'd laugh... hell, I'm still gonna laugh even though it happened me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

at least you got to go to the zoo.....i love the zoo.......except for the gorillas, they just depress me......
    incidentally, you missed one heck of a street party. the place was f*cking crammed with really hot guys with dreds! and i went around wearing a sign that said "have a teacake i don't like them." it was the most fun i've had in a *very* long time indeed. :D and there were bongos. bongos are always good. and lots of really cheap booze for some reason, which i didn't manage to get any of and it was beer anyway and beer's gack. and loads and LOADS of balloons. and i started a conga line and it ended up with about 30 people on it.
    i am in a really weird mood....PAIN GODDAMNIT!! it hurts so bad...
    anyways, i'm sure it wasn't an excuse bob dahlink. :)
    sHep :cool:

Oh we got back to the party for around seven... and we were there when the balloons started, we tied about a dozen together and made a balloon baby and then let it roam free over the streets of Dublin. And we opened the balloons and sucked in helium and talked all weird. And half the cans I saw were cheap Tesco lager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

ah right. i left at six what with the being wrecked and stuff. i'm kinda sorry i didn't stay now....me and some of me friends are going to try to organise our own street party for some time in the future but we don't have a cause or any ideas on how to yet. in fact it hasn't even been discussed properly yet, i just mentioned it to them today and they said okay. so that was a pointless waste of precious internet time.....
    sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Christine

Originally posted by OrangeRhino
    either way, my brief sixteen hour or so foray into the whole "liking girls" thing didn't work this time either... I don't think I am gonna bother anymore. :)

Yeah, you're right not to bother. I'm giving up on ppl cos it's just not worth it. I want to be a crazy old spinster who keeps cats. Who's with me????!!!!!

Thought not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Christine, don't give up on people. your're al lovely person. same with you too bob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Don't give up on people.
    They're so entertaining.
    And Christine and Bob are COOOOOOOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Bitch. Tis all i'll say on the original matter.

AND CHRISTINE!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THAT WAS MY PLAN DAMMIT! ;p

aw... but... like... why are you giving up on people? I mean after what happened to bob he's allowed be bitter and hate filled <i mean... WTF?! bitch! and what is wrong with bob? why the fúck wouldn't she? it's not like he's an ugly **** or an annoying twat... [rant]...>. But what's wrong with you? <hugs>

ah <hugs> to all!

Nah, not bitch... and I don't do the whole bitter / disliking people thing very well so let's just chalk it up as a lesson learned. Get it in writing the sexuality of people you're interested in before you ask them. :)

And Christine, I amn't giving up on people... they're too great... just love / relationships... for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

Don't give up Bob!! I'm not, and the girl I currently like spends her time glaring at me (when she recognises my existance)!! That sucks major donkey... but I'm not giving up in general, just on her... and even then, I still can hope. Ahhhh pointless optimism... so stupid at times... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

heehee
    yours turns out to be gay
    and the girl I was after thought I was gay :)
    dont you just love girls?
    I think I might stick with guys for a while, at least you can trust them to be **** :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The problem is getting the girl yourself. Most people get their friends to do it for them. The problem is if my friends think I like a girl, they inevitably go out to sabotage it on me.

One of them has the unerring ability to convince people I'm gay. He couldn't get a dog to believe he hasn't got a bone for him(Really bad example I know) but he can convince Jesus I'm gay!

The last girl they found out I liked was a Northern girl and as soon as they found out, the biggest of them(The one with the convincing personality) dragged me over to her and her friends by the back of my trousers and just casually sks, with me dangling from his outstretched arm like a bag of spuds,"Will you shift Franklin," and points at me dangling there.

This is why I have a really bad history with girls. I'm sure anyone who knows me though will agree I'm a decent enough person. You all will I hope, those of you who know me anyway.

awwww!!! i aBSOLUTELY HATE when people interfere like that. then people get put on the spot and say things they might not have said and.....errrrrr... not cool. i like it when guys ask me out themselves or ask for a shift or whatever they ask. even if its them asking me to go away because they think i have a shrill voice or whatever.

it really bothers me when my friends interfere like that! if i ask its different. but i dont ask them to do stuff like that, i like to know what the other pereon says and whatever else. that bothers me.
    ok. im done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Thanks. I'm glad someone shares my views. I can do all that myself, if I wasn't so shy that is. I usually wait till someone asks me. That is the best explanation I've got so far to why I have such a meaningless love life. I'm so damn shy!

wow! i alawys wait for someone to ask me too! i seem like a really outgoing loud person and all, and i am... but i just cant get myself to ask a guy out.....i dont why, because i do alot of other things that embarass me or get me in trouble or are just plain stupid all of the time and i have no problem with them, so.... maybe im weird. although... yeah, my love life hasnt been COMPLETELY meaningless. Thats because of the guys out there who DO ask girls out... hey, you gotta give it a try if you want to succeed.

• Advertisement

I have a new plan for the girl I'm after at the moment, I'm going to get her stoned! RoffiePina Colata for everyone!

ah! thats a nightmare! i mean, being stoned isnt a nightmare, but.... somebody getting me stoned just because they want to get with me or whatever. you'd better not do anything badto that girl!!! oh, i know you won't.....surely you won't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i hear rohypnol works good :rolleyes:

Hehehe... classic conversation from school:
    GIRL: "Yeah, it sucks... my bf doesn't drink but i wanna go get pissed! But it'd be all weird cause he won't be drinking..."
    GUY: "Well just spike his drink! It'll be grand so!"
    <awkward silence>
    GUY: "What? I've done it to tons of girls!"

... oddly neither people talking were me.

Ah yeah... I'm the biggest ****ing coward about going with people. Heh... such a wuss...

But... yeah... <sigh>... aye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

spiking pple's drinks? really- come on. tell me you can't think of a better way......em....use your......talented youth charm?!?!?!?!?!......em.....ok maybe not....how about talkin' to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Bob, go for it. now.

:)

<< Fio >>

use your......talented youth charm
    You mean charm her with my talk on bands and computers :)

hmm anyway, as for the get her stoned idea I dont think so :) I giggle too much when high to make a move :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

what happened to you and cough la........ cough, you scrap that one or do you have a shorter attention span than me?
    i reckon you had a chance, but no doubt she will now tell us all otherwise

Bob... "How long ago did you try to shove a coke bottle down my pants?" ;p

lol

Good luck with stuff man. U R0X0R5!!!111!!###

• Advertisement

Sven: that was a valid question, I woke up and you were standing over me trying to shove a coke bottle down my pantaloons! Then I fell back asleep and when I woke up I had to ask 'cos it might have been a magical dream.

Cormac: like I've told you before, me and that other person are just friends and aren't gonna be any more than that. So shush.

Advertisement